The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#154401 - 07/24/08 12:04 AM You Want Me to Do WHAT?
LGood67334 Offline

Loc: California
Writer Advice, www.writeradvice.com presents You Want Me to Do What? Journaling for Caregivers. It is a five week workshop, conducted through e-mail. The next workshop starts August 12.

We use journaling to relieve the stress of caregiving. Put your truths on paper and share them if you choose to. We’ll only say what we love in the writing.

A participant in the last workshop said, "“My spirit has been lifted more in participating with all of you than anything else I’ve tried.”

To find out if this might work for you, e-mail Lgood67334@comcast.net. Put journaling in the subject box.

Lynn
www.writeradvice.com

#154402 - 07/24/08 01:29 PM Re: You Want Me to Do WHAT? [Re: LGood67334]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynn, have you connected with any of the members of the NABBW who have professions in caregiving?

#154403 - 07/24/08 10:41 PM Re: You Want Me to Do WHAT?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Not sure why but the heading of this topic makes me laugh when reading it. YOU WANT ME TO DO "WHAT!" Too funny...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#154404 - 08/01/08 03:53 AM Re: You Want Me to Do WHAT?
LGood67334 Offline

I've written to Barbara Freisner. Any other suggestions, Dotsie?

Lynn
www.writeradvice.com

#154405 - 08/01/08 03:56 AM Re: You Want Me to Do WHAT? [Re: chatty lady]
LGood67334 Offline

"Too funny" works, Chatty Lady. I love that reaction.

The last thing in the world you would expect a caregiver to have time for is journaling. Yet when people take even five minutes to write their thoughts, their grief, their outrage, their fears, and their hopes, things shift.

Lynn
www.writeradvice.com

#155347 - 08/06/08 11:09 PM Re: You Want Me to Do WHAT? [Re: LGood67334]
LGood67334 Offline

Additional information FYI:

Writer Advice, www.writeradvice.com presents

YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT?
Journaling for Caregivers

What: Join us for a five-week workshop conducted through e-mail. We use journaling to relieve the stress of caregiving. Put your truths on paper and share them if you choose to. We’ll only say what we love in the writing.

Where & When: Offered through group e-mails, starting 8/12 and again 10/14.

Why: Caring for oneself is as essential as breathing, but caregivers lose site of that fact. Journaling is a caregiver’s oxygen mask.

Who: Instructor B. Lynn Goodwin, a veteran of over six years of caregiving, is a freelance writer and editor and a former college and high school teacher.

Contact: B. Lynn Goodwin, Lgood67334@comcast.net. Put “Journaling” in the subject box. [/b]Want to see if this would work for you?[b] If you have not been in one of my groups, cut and paste 15 to 1500 words of your journaling into the body of an e-mail and send it to me.

Praise for You Want Me to Do What? Journaling for Caregivers:

“I am very grateful for the chance to say how this feels to people who will really get it.”
--Nancy -- caregiver and writer, Palo Alto, California

“Writing from the heart seems to be all that is needed.” --Marilyn -- trainer and coach, Concord, CA

“My spirit has been lifted more in participating with all of you than anything else I’ve tried.” --Eileen -- caregiver and former office manager, Antioch, CA

#155410 - 08/07/08 02:48 PM Re: You Want Me to Do WHAT? [Re: LGood67334]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynn, look through your NABBW member directory and you'll find others involved with elder care. I don't mind writing Barb's name here since she's visible on the NABBW site as our expert, but I don't feel comfortable listing others.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved