The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#156382 - 08/14/08 05:39 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: chickadee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Do you ever wonder what men claim women don't do? Do you think they have a pet peeve of a duty nature (similar to our complaints about TP holders and TSeats) against us? [Q_ball, you had me laughing, too]

#156386 - 08/14/08 06:16 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: gims]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama

Won't accept roses as an apology. I had a mate who gave me more roses than anyone I know. Right gesture, wrong timing.

#156390 - 08/14/08 06:25 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: chickadee]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
gims, I'll betcha that if we could hear men sitting around and letting out their pet peeves about their wives....well, would we really be surprised?? I bet we could guess.....mine would actually say that I require too much sleep?!?! Ughhhh....maybe it's good we can't hear.

#156412 - 08/14/08 07:25 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: ladyjane]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'd say sports would be a topic.

#156414 - 08/14/08 07:27 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: chickadee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I'd say me not cooking would be a topic.

#156415 - 08/14/08 07:30 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: gims]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
My husband and I have talked about this, and he says they really don't sit around talking about their wives. They just drink beer, watch sports, and live in the moment. I believe it... they just don't think about/worry about as much stuff as we do.

K

#156417 - 08/14/08 07:39 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
Dolphin, I really think you are right. My ex was the same way, and the SO is too. With the SO, Dan...he goes to the VFW, does his thing (programs the marquee for upcoming events), shoots the wind and yaps with his pals, has a couple of beers, goes home. End of story, nothing exciting. If asked "well what did you and Ben (or whoever) talk about?" the answer is usually: motorcycles, compare who drinks what beer, who hit that homerun or some nonsense about the upcoming Ohio State football season. That's it!!

Guys I think do live incredibly in the moment. They just don't have that "worry" factor we do about relationships and who's doing what!

#156489 - 08/15/08 02:34 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: keyholes]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Maybe we need to take a lessonf rom then, but then how would things ever get done?

I'm laughing aobut the toilet paper. Since my daughter's been home, she's been changing it. She got in the habit of using our bathroom while both boys were here. She didn't like sharing a bathroom with them, so I got the toilet papre changer until she goes back to school. Then it's my job again.

#156639 - 08/16/08 06:33 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: Dotsie]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
My DH & his buddies are together almost daily & they talk about their wood cutting for self & neighbors in need or gardens..literally, The primary 3 have several gardens scattered around over the area. some are helping older folks out & some are for our families use & neighborly sharing + donation to a Boys Ranch. Complaints my husband would have are I shop and baby my 54 pound puppy too much. However if any wife finds a good deal on something, we'd better call in to see if the other families want us to pickup a bargain for them too. Our men actually brag on the wives' bargains & Swap recipes for US to cook.
Back to bath issues, at one point early on I tried reverse bathroom etiquite on my DH. For a few weeks I actually 'Raised the Seat' when I left the master Bath, point being as I told him, It's was as easy for me to raise the seat as it would be for him to lower it, so I would be the one with the responsibility of seat placement..What a deal he thought - until one early AM 'call' & he FELL IN behind first! For one of us it was magically histerical!! Now that the kid's have moved out I took over their bath since it's right across the hall from my office and he has the master bath. Boy did I take over, it's painted a deep dusty rose w/ polished brass fixtures, a lace shower curtain & plush southwestern rugs. Along with other accessories that Scream, Put the Seat down a lady controls this room. The boys think it's awesome, since their, respective GF & wife also use it. BY evolution those boys DO lower the seat & change the TP rolls. I'm so proud. wink

#158739 - 09/04/08 07:25 PM Re: Empty Home First Time in 21 years [Re: Q_ball]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm just reading this clever post. I love your thought process regarding the toilet seat. What a hoot.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved