The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#15547 - 01/11/06 04:51 AM Re: Holidays, Birthdays & Loss
Vi Offline

suzieq,it was a gift. That's wonderful.

Dotsie, losses do seem to come in waves. Glad you brought your mom with you to the service. Blessings to you dad.

There is no barrier to love. It's only the grief that keeps us from feeling the love of those who have gone on.

#15548 - 01/11/06 08:31 AM Re: Holidays, Birthdays & Loss
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Suzieq -
Your dad was playing those songs for you.....believe this....

Dotsie, as others have said, I do some unusual things to be surrounded by Nichole. I wear some clothes of hers - things that make me feel close - slippers, sweaters and such. And of course I always wear the ring...These things help, but isn't it too bad that they can't bring us even closer? Still, I'm sure your mom was with you then...and always....

Vi - you are such a healer. I admire your heart. I did a really strange thing day before yesterday. I opened Nichole's urn. I guess, to let the "genie" out. I touched her ashes, and then just left it open until I was ready to go to bed. Did the same thing yesterday and today. Last night, I finally had a dream. But it was just so silly....about making chili - and she was telling me what she wanted me to put in it - this was one of her favorite things, my chili. And she would always ask, what are you going to put in it? So, what do you make of that??????? First dream I've had in centuries that made any sense at all.....Guess I'll keep opening up that urn....

Search

#15549 - 01/13/06 05:21 AM Re: Holidays, Birthdays & Loss
Vi Offline

Searcher,

Could it be that it was not a silly dream at all? Could it be that Nichole was showing you, by telling you what she wanted you to put in the chili, that in fact she is helping guide you now - that she's one of your guardian angels or guides? I bet that's it. I just bet so.

Vi

#15550 - 01/13/06 07:55 PM Re: Holidays, Birthdays & Loss
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Dotsie,
Your post made me cry...(been doing that alot lately for some reason)...I love that you wore your Mother's pin to the funeral...that was so thoughtful of you to do that and sweet...anyway...I have been thinking about how your Dad must be feeling since he buried his last old friend the other day...I hope he isn't taking it too hard...it sounds like you and your sisters live close by? That has to be a huge comfort to him...I'm sure you are giving him lots of extra hugs these days...God Love you and your Dad...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved