The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#154485 - 07/29/08 05:06 PM Re: Our baby
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
GOOD!

#154486 - 07/29/08 08:45 PM Re: Our baby
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Whats the news Dotdsie? How is little Kelly doing?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#154487 - 07/31/08 09:57 PM Re: Our baby [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well todayyyyyy....someone either dropped off a Great Dane and a Boxer puppy, or these two babes escaped from someone's home. I have one of them behind my computer chair (Dane) and the other one is at my feet. I-ya-ya...I'm fighting giving them names. Trixie is having a fit. I had to put her in her bedroom, otherwise, she was going to try eating the Great Dane...both of these escapees are precious and sweet, females...and Lord help me, I don't know what I'll do if no one claims them.

I've put up a big poster at the road, called all the local vets, animal shelters, etc...and hopefully, before too long, someone will come a knocking on my door. I've had them in the back yard (fenced in) all day but we're having a storm right now and I just couldn't leave them outside. I know how Trixie is, so I had to bring them in. Heaven help me.

I'm calling them T&t...Tiny and tuffy...HELP ME RHONDA...

#154488 - 07/31/08 10:14 PM Re: Our baby [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Whaaat? A Great Dane and a Boxer puppy! What a combination! Sounds like someone knew that you would be a new loving carekeeper for them. I can imagine Trixie getting jealous.

Go get 'em Trixie! And don't let that big one eat out of your bowl!

Are you really considering keeping them JJ? I guess if you do that, you'll start saying "yowl", instead of "Ya'll"..heh ehe..ouch.

#154489 - 07/31/08 10:18 PM Re: Our baby [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh JJ, is the GD a puppy too? I had a Sheltie named Whitney. She was the queen! One hot day in August in humid Kansas, Whitney was gazing out the window. Then she started barking. At my door were two same breed white dogs, a bigger one and a littler one, both around 25 pounds or under. The little one was obviously a pup to the other, due to the way the little one did Whatever the bigger one did. The poor little hot creatures were covered with dirty slimy creek water. Evidently they had escaped from a yard and fell in the creek. My queen Whitney was very prissy and very snobbish. So I took bowls of water out to the little white dogs instead of letting them in. The dogs took to the shade of my yard. I wanted those two dogs so so bad. I called my husband at work to ask him to come home so I could have help corralling the doggies while Whitney had a fit, but he could not come home. I called the animal rescue, and a van came to the house, with a lady in a uniform. The two white dogs had collars on them that were for invisible fence, and evidently they had run the fence but NO ID! She said that I had to wait 7 days to see if someone claimed them. If not, I could apply to adopt them. But I knew there was a family looking for these little darlings. Oh, the lady told me they were West Highland White Terriers. I could not stop thinking about those dogs. I called every day, and 3 days later they were claimed. Fast forward several years, and now I have two Westies, and one is smaller than the other! Whitney has since passed on, but when I had the two Westies and her, Whitney wanted no part of them. I LOVE my Westies like I'm a crazy person. JJ, maybe this is a sign that Trixie will get big sisters if not now than mayber later?

#154490 - 07/31/08 11:31 PM Re: Our baby [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I keep hoping that someone loves them and will come find them. Here is a snapshot of the girls...

The reason for the dirty floor was that the "girls" were in the backyard and a storm came up..actually, a tornado. I couldn't leave them out there, so I ran outside and brought them in. Got soaked to the bone! Anyhoo...they were muddy, to say the least. Oh my Lord...what am I doing?

#154491 - 08/01/08 12:43 AM Re: Our baby [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

The saga is over. The rightful owners, teary-eyed and grateful, just showed up and claimed both babies. Seems they belong to a neighbor in the subdivision behind me. A teacher...All is well in Tiny and Tuffy's world tonight....or Harley and Reesie...as they are known to their family.

Sigh...it was fun for a while.

#154492 - 08/01/08 11:47 AM Re: Our baby [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

This morning one of my friends suggested that when the teacher comes by today to thank me, I should suggest babysitting for him if he ever needs it. I think that is so cool. It was his mom and dad who claimed the dogs and took them to him. Seems everyone was out looking for the escapees.

So who knows? I may turn this joint into a pet-sitting service. Wuhoo!

#154493 - 08/01/08 12:41 PM Re: Our baby [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Glad they are back at home! I know, it is so tempting to adopt all these lost pets, isn't it? I keep saying "no more!" once my beagle is gone, because I want to travel and not worry about kennel fees and such.

And JJ, do you really think we care that your floor is dirty??? Geeze, I would probably have said the same thing, though. Why are we so hardwired to explain our dirt or messy houses?

#154494 - 08/01/08 01:31 PM Re: Our baby [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Thanks gal...where the devil have you been? Ireland? I'm so glad you are back. I was coming to your house to see where you were! Scared? LOL!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved