The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#152769 - 07/18/08 06:45 AM Re: Staycations [Re: keyholes]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Keyholes, seems like a fun time was had by all

Poet and essayist

#152770 - 07/18/08 07:19 AM Re: Staycations [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
What a beautiful camp ground, keyhole! We camped once in Arcadian Maine. didn't know Chip and Dale lived there too...those chipmunks would zoom into our tents and run in and out of our sleeping bags like in the fastest cartoon clip. It was a riout. I have to admit, though, I didn't sleep well there. Put a bed and a soft pillow in one of those tents...and then I wouldn't have a problem. But sleeping bag, no thank you. lol

#152771 - 07/18/08 07:32 PM Re: Staycations [Re: Edelweiss]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
& Edelweiss, put that bed & pillows inside 4 walls w/ a door & I then, wouldn't have a problem. LOL I think I got camp~itus while in scouts. First our leaders camped us beside a cemertery and an old church, 2nd it stormed & we got moved into the church. 3rd church was so old and abandon it was full of crawley creatures, IE Spiders, one lone snake, as assortment of bugs and mice. I wanted back outside with the storm! I'm now a total day camper, once it's bedtime, I'm headed to a clean fumigated home, condo or motel. LOL Would love to have had your experience with the chipmucks, they are so cute. Then again, maybe not quite to the extent you had..not sure I'd want to share a bag with one? lol last time I was in a sleeping bag was when the power went out and it was for warmth only.

#152772 - 07/18/08 07:50 PM Re: Staycations [Re: keyholes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Since this past May, hubby and I have explored area parks, only a few miles from our house, I didn't know existed. We've had several wonderful experiences: Geocaching sent us on many new hiking trails. Lived here all my life but was unaware of some of the beauty in my own backyard. Ready 2 explore some more!!!!

#152773 - 07/19/08 05:32 PM Re: Staycations [Re: jabber]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
My camera has done the same for me as geocaching has done for you. I have so many funny or unusual pictures just because I tend to see odd things and want to capture them. (Unusual license plates and signs are one of my "things." For some reasons I have noticed people like those vanity plates and some of them make me laugh a lot. There is one Ohio tag I see all the time around here that proudly states he is a FL GRAD. Now, that's pretty bold near any buckeye lol.)

I've lived somewhere in Ohio all my life, but have always had the roaming itch. Like you I've found lots of interesting places right close to home. Managed to travel through most of the US thanks to a former employer lol and that hasn't helped me much. I'd love to buy a much better camera but it's not possible right now..I'm waiting to see if one of my daughters who is a photography major will sell off any of her equipment as she gets more settled and finds a better job. I would consider buying her old stuff from her, heck...the kids today have some of the coolest toys anyway and I don't need the latest and greatest just for hobby stuff.

#152774 - 07/19/08 05:36 PM Re: Staycations [Re: Edelweiss]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
Edleweiss, not only do Chip and Dale live there but so do Peppy LePew and Rocky Raccoon. I managed to snap a picture several years ago of a skunk digging into one of our coolers. I think I would prefer Chip and Dale LOL.

We had blow up mattresses and battery-charged air pumps (recharge them via the car). Makes it much much more comfy. I don't camp more than once or twice a year, so the primitive camping (no RVs, running water, electricity, etc.) is not so bad for a weekend jaunt.

#152775 - 07/19/08 09:56 PM Re: Staycations [Re: meredithbead]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Still lots to explore at home where we live. I have not cycled up....any mountain at all yet. and we live in an area ringed by local mountains to try.

There are lots of serious hiking trails in the local mountains..and more bike routes we have not tried yet. I'm such a lazy bum, I don't even go to the better and bigger Chinatown that is further out in the suburbs (actually too car-congested and insane on weekends). I shop/stick around the old, historic Chinatown that's closer to home.

I know there's way more to explore locally...where I work now, there will be major road bridge that our organization will finish building next year...that will open more areas to locals to enjoy parks, trails, etc.

One thing for certain, to live in our area..means it encourages you to become more fit with many choice sports and things to see..and enjoy the wonders of great local outdoors.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved