The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 185 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#15253 - 10/21/05 01:57 AM My brother's Birthday
First baby boomer Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
My brother Frank would have been 63 this coming October 30th. He died February 21st of cancer. I don't know how I will be that day. I passed the card store today. I pass the funeral home many times in my travels. I knew he was dying because he lost a lot of weight. He was nice but he was also very mean to my brother and I. He was the oldest in our family. Cathy

#15254 - 10/21/05 03:07 AM Re: My brother's Birthday
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Cathy, The first year is so difficult. Even now, four years after my Mom died, I have to avoid the Hallmark store on Mother's Day...but the first year without her was brutal. I had to go into the card shop for a sympathy card for someone and was bawling my eyes out right there in the middle of the sympathy cards.

I think grief is even more difficult when there are unresolved issues involved at the time of the person dying. I don't know if that's the case with you, but your comment about him being nice but also very mean makes me think that maybe there are some difficult emotions for you intermingling with the grief. It was like that with me when my Mom died. But I finally feel like I've worked through a lot of that, even to the point of forgiving her, accepting her forgiveness (I can feel it) and now working on forgiving myself.

Anyway, I know a little of how you're feeling. I'll keep you in prayer throughout this coming week and next...next Friday is the 4th anniversary of my Mom's death, so I'll think of you while I think of my own grief this week.

[ October 20, 2005, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#15255 - 10/21/05 03:50 AM Re: My brother's Birthday
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I'll keep both of you in my thoughts....the 23rd is the 15th anniversary of my father's death and I still spend that day every year honoring him in my heart. I usually write a poem just for him. While my outward grief has "moved on" through these years since then, and my inner grief has grown "smaller", there is still a sadness deep within me that will never go away. I've tried to turn it into a day to celebrate his life - but I vividly recall the moment he passed from it.

Hugs to everyone who has dealt with the loss of a loved one.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved