The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 17 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#15041 - 06/22/05 03:41 PM Re: My Sister is Dying
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Vi you really have touched ALL of us with your story of Anita and how you so gracefully continue to move through these days since she's gone. I really was moved by the story of her shoes.....

Like the other ladies, I too kept items from both my parents after they passed away. I have a beautiful blue silk blouse that belonged to my Mom, and a lovely red silk dressing gown from the orient that my Dad bought for her when we lived in Taiwan. Like JJ, I saved my Dad's favorite pajamas and wear them when I'm feeling "down" or if I'm sick and just need special comfort!

I have other "things" that I've kept of my parents but it's the clothing that makes me feel closest to them I guess.

That's why your shoe story, Vi, touched me so.

I think your brave and open heart in sharing your thoughts and feelings about Anita with us here in the forum has allowed us to release a lot of things in our OWN hearts. We all really DO have more in common than we knew.

#15042 - 06/22/05 10:04 PM Re: My Sister is Dying
Vi Offline

Francine, bless you for your kind words, your insights, your wisdom.
Pam, thanks for sharing about your special Mom and Dad things. It is very touching.

I awoke this morning with an image in my mind, one I will attempt to share with you.

I am standing on a precipice. The sky is before me, below me, above me. I feel a breeze unfurling my wings, wings I didn't know I had. I look around for the origin. It is not readily apparent. I feel a lift. Alone, frightened, unsure, exhilarated I glide into the vast ocean of sky. I know not where I will land, if I will land. And it is good, it is oh so good. For soon I learn that the breeze is a celestial one and wherever it is guiding me will always be good, even though it may not always seem so at the time.

Vi

[ June 22, 2005, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Vi ]

#15043 - 06/23/05 01:46 AM Re: My Sister is Dying
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Sounds like you are "releasing" and feeling that freedom Vi.......it also sounds like a perfectly wonderful image to me!

#15044 - 06/23/05 10:12 PM Re: My Sister is Dying
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Vi, how cook that you should feel uplifted during this week!

#15045 - 06/24/05 04:23 AM Re: My Sister is Dying
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Vi,

I just tuned in and learned of Anita's passing. Bless her and your family.

Your words brought back similiar memories of my loved one's passings and I am grateful for the tearful reminders. You are quite eloquent and your descriptions very vivid so that we all could slip into your story and experience our own. Thank you for sharing that during your grief.

Keep us posted on your journey, it will be a good one but not always easy.

Keeping you in my thoughts,

Lynn

#15046 - 06/24/05 05:06 AM Re: My Sister is Dying
Vi Offline

When I started posting about my sister, I had no idea I would get this kind of support, these kinds of responses. For me, I'm just sharing my journey. It helps me. And I had hoped that maybe it might help someone else too. I had no idea, no idea of the beauty that would come of it through the eyes and hearts of all you blessed women. The cool thing is, that I'm sure we are all from a variety of beliefs systems - yet we are sisters of the heart - sharing each others pain and blessings. In my opinion, this is what it's all about, giving love to each other - even though we've never met. If we think of extending this worldwide, we can imagine how amazing the results could be. That is one of my goals, really, to love - worldwide - everyone, no matter who or what they are. Wonderful goal, not easy to accomplish. But then, we aren't alone. We have each other. We are a circle of love and it is expanding. Wonderful, isn't it?

Vi

#15047 - 06/24/05 06:39 AM Re: My Sister is Dying
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I used this in the preface section of my book; it seems appropriate to share it here:

If there is light
In the soul,
There will be beauty
In the person.

If there is beauty
In the person,
There will be harmony
In the house.

If there is harmony
In the house,
There will be order
In the nation.

If there is order
In the nation,
There will be peace
In the world.

~ Chinese Proverb

#15048 - 06/24/05 09:19 AM Re: My Sister is Dying
Vi Offline

This is truly beautiful.

Vi

#15049 - 06/24/05 05:35 PM Re: My Sister is Dying
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, thanks for sharing. It all begins within each one of us. Powerful, huh?

#15050 - 06/25/05 02:57 AM Re: My Sister is Dying
Vi Offline

Anticipation

This entire week, always in the back of my mind, sometimes in the foreground is my sister's impending memorial service. I really can't get on with the recovery until it is over.

I talked with Dan, he told me a little of what they planned for the service - a celebration. He and his kids designed it in a way so it won't be so sad.

Under it all I sense his desperation. I know something of the emotional turmoil he is headed into. The saddest thing for me is that I can't remove or dissolve his pain. It wouldn't be good if I could. It's his journey, his opportunity.

Tomorrow is a day to get through - the service, the reception, talking to people with our emotions raw and dealing with some with whom we have unresolved conflicts, hoping none of it surfaces at the wrong time in the wrong way.

Even so, this has been a productive week for me. I've spent my mornings staring at nature, letting go. I've spent my afternoons painting a picture from a photograph of my husband taken during his young hunk years, and thinking of where my life is about to take me, where I am about to direct it to go.

As sad as it all is, it is, in fact, a beautiful time of growth. I look forward to the coming journey. I await the unfolding for the highest good, even if I do it at first with tears in my heart.

Vi

Page 8 of 17 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved