The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#150029 - 06/04/08 09:04 PM Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! [Re: Edelweiss]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Edelweiss, It's You Hannelore! Nope I've not been back long enough yet to figure just what all I had missed. Hanne for one (missed her), and I knew I liked this 'new gal' Edelweiss. DUH! LOL Thanks for the info on the name change.
You're so right about marriage blending 2 familes into one per-say. I feel very lucky that the co-mil and I share the same values of family and both want to share our children with each other. So far our differences have only added comedy to the mix. Like her $350 handbag, and my rush at finding one not clearly (price wise) marked on clearance at JCP and the sales gal guessing I could have it for $4.97, genuine leather, SOLD! LOL
At the Wedding reception after all the formal B/G, B/F, G/M dances were over, the DJ played "we are Family" & asked that all family members of the B/G dance! WE did.

I'm so tickled to know who Edelweiss is! I trust it may come off stupid, but is there significant meaning to the new name?

#150030 - 06/05/08 06:42 AM Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! [Re: Q_ball]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Q Ball, I changed the name, because stupid me, put the connection of my real name to my old forum name, “H”, in BWS. Sooo, just by chance I googled my real name, and lo and behold… I could be found in the forum. I sure don't want any family members to find that.
Oh, and I'm with you Q Ball.... I go for the sales! No way would I spend that kind of money for a handbag; ...even if I had it.

#150031 - 06/05/08 10:12 PM Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! [Re: Edelweiss]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
OOh My! No to family members finding our 'girls hangout' online. I try to be careful about that. Not that I say much I wouldn't say right to them or that they don't already know. But, sometimes I might voice something they feel is private or something I've not told them yet. LOL I ran into an old HS classmate the other day and she said she'd google me and nothing came up. She thought it to insult me, HOOT! I was thrilled! & told her so. I have googled my words or a specific date and one of my posts showed up. Ya know the world is such a big yet small place, I'm sure there's othere us's out there somewhere. I know for fact there are 6 other women with my 1st ~ last name in my corner of our state. Ditto the hangbag again, I was floored when the gal a JCP said $4.97 cause it had been $85 & that was even out of my handbag range. I like to have $$ left over to put in a bag. LOL

#150032 - 06/10/08 08:18 PM Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! [Re: Q_ball]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yep, what good is an empty handbag. Or empty pockets for that matter. Mine are collecting dust right now!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved