The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 158 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#149998 - 06/16/08 04:30 PM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Two Four Six ATE
Put it down and beat your mate!

Whattttt?

Hey, I'm a poet TOO! Am too! Am too! NANANANAN...I can't hearrrrr you...nananan....

#149999 - 06/16/08 04:34 PM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
LOL, JJ, you're too much...
Does beating a mate count as exercise?

#150000 - 06/16/08 05:17 PM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: gims]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Cathy,

Don't forget to do percent of weight loss...most men lose more easily than women...but not necessarily the %.

You're doing awesome!

I know I'm not around much...so I'll answer Orchid's question from a while back...I slowly started changing habits...I didn't have a specific goal for how I wanted to eat other than increasing fiber and water. The more I did it...the pounds started coming off and that gave me the desire to do a little more.

Oh...and Orchid...you'll be proud...I rode about 7 miles on the bike yesterday...nice trail along the Tennessee River...I'm really loving that!

#150001 - 06/16/08 05:38 PM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jane, love the bike connection to orchid. You go girl!

Kathy, it's okay. Good for you to get back on the horse this morning. Walking with a partner will also keep you accountable. Plus, the whole period thing - I bet most of it's water. Next week that will be gone and I'm hoping you'll be amazed at your weight loss.

#150002 - 06/16/08 06:13 PM Re: Biggest Loser - at home!
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Ha-ha-ha - aren't you all the wise and witty group, you crazy poetry nuts!? Laughter takes off pounds too, right? And causes the RIGHT kind of wrinkles.

I'll keep at it, girls, thanks for the support!

#150003 - 06/16/08 07:09 PM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You go girl, but I personally think you look just fine as is...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#150004 - 06/17/08 03:57 AM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! *DELETED* [Re: Jane_Carroll]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Post deleted by orchid

#150005 - 06/17/08 04:04 AM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: orchid]
orchid Offline

Quote:

Quote:

I know I'm not around much...so I'll answer Orchid's question from a while back...I slowly started changing habits...I didn't have a specific goal for how I wanted to eat other than increasing fiber and water. The more I did it...the pounds started coming off and that gave me the desire to do a little more.

Oh...and Orchid...you'll be proud...I rode about 7 miles on the bike yesterday...nice trail along the Tennessee River...I'm really loving that!

Hey Jane, keep on enjoying those rides. If you like that route, do it over and over but do it better on some days or go farther.

When you're having fun....then good things happen. Trust me...

I actually have 4-5 different routes of different distances and different things to see..and different fitness challenges. I vary each route if I feel like it. It helps me also to deal with lousy weather to choose a route that is a bit easier and shorter but I'm still on the bike.

Or if I'm suddenly motivated...then I will go farther and longer by choosing another different route.

Cycling is meant to be creative, exploratory exercise for me.

#150006 - 06/17/08 04:38 AM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: orchid]
orchid Offline

Dancing Dolphin, you're probably busy with other stuff than just thinking constantly about food.

So pursue your passions and make food thoughts secondary. Eat less and celebrate with your son in knocking out the unhealthy stuff outta the pantry/from the shoppping list.

#150007 - 06/17/08 07:56 AM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Orchid you said it!

I remember in my slender days how I would wonder why people could talk so much about food. Food just wasn't important to me then.

Then the big transition came, and it started with the German bakeries! Also the fact that my Hubby is one of those who can go into ecstasy over food...and not gain a pound. I yearn for those days when food was secondary. I agree Orchid, that’s what it is all about.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved