The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 196 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#149978 - 06/02/08 05:42 PM Biggest Loser - at home!
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hi,
Most of you have heard of The Biggest Loser, a TV show that gets a bunch of people together and they compete to see who can lose the most weight. Well, I read an article in a magazine about a woman who challenged her husband at home and they did great.

I didn't think my hubby would go for it, but he did! We started a week ago, and we set a goal of 20 lbs each. We weigh in each week and the winner gets to name their own prize. The thing is, you have to lose at least 3 lbs that week to even qualify.

I'm pretty competetive, but so is he, so this should be interesting. I won the first week with a loss of 6.4 lbs, and he lost 3 lbs. I did a modified South Beach diet with salads and lean protein, lots of water, etc. He mostly cut out sugar and upped his exercise routine.

I know I can't keep up this pace for long - I'll get to 10lbs and will really have to work at it. I'll stop in each week and let you know how we're doing.

Kathy

#149979 - 06/03/08 10:29 PM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Go, go, GO KATHY GO!

Poet and essayist

#149980 - 06/03/08 10:34 PM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: meredithbead]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Kathy that is awesome!

I started back in February adding fiber and water to my diet and as a result I'm eating healtier than I ever have...lots of fresh fruits and veggies and lean meats...I'm cooking all the time...and washing dishes I also started an exercise program...nothing drastic...and I'm down 30 pounds!

Those first pounds really help you to believe that you can do it...YOU GO GIRL!

#149981 - 06/03/08 10:45 PM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Congratulations Kathy & Jane! Kathy, what a creative way to get on a weight loss program. My DH eats like a horse, so I'm always cooking 'for" him, and often just have what he has, in very small portions. How cleaver to get a guy to eat weight friendly too. I could cheerfully get along well on grapes, yogurt & tuna, low fat foods ALL the time. I'm so proud of both you gals.

#149982 - 06/04/08 02:17 AM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: Q_ball]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Jane, you're an inspiration! That is so cool - 30 lbs is my ultimate goal, but for now we're shooting for 20.

I had such a craving for a bowl of Cocoa Krispies today - aargh. I probably wanted it because it's about the only sweet thing in the house. But I was good, I ate my almonds and drank a bunch of water and the craving passed.

#149983 - 06/04/08 03:06 AM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Congrats. Jane! Did you do it cold turkey..ie. the next day, started switching.

Or a slow of osmosis of new habits?

#149984 - 06/04/08 06:34 AM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
WOW. 6,4 pounds in a week! That's fantastic. And you inspired me...I want you all to recognize me at our Boomer meet!

My son 's friend lost the sensation of taste through an accident while playing ice hockey. Can you imagine? Not being able to taste anything? He would buy tons of potato chips, just to hear the crunchy sound.

#149985 - 06/04/08 06:20 PM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Congratulations ladies, its never easy but so rewarding when we're successful.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#149986 - 06/09/08 12:48 PM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Weekly update - dang it! He won this week! I only lost 2.8 lbs and he lost 3.5. Well, at least I'll find out what he wants for his prize.... could be fun for both of us!

I didn't exercise as much; my walking partner flaked out on me all 3 days and I only played racquetball once. I guess I flake out on myself when I don't go walk anyway, huh? Also, I think my period is coming at the end of this week, so I could have a little gain from that joyful event. grrrr.

This is keeping me accountable; see you next week!
K

#149987 - 06/09/08 01:40 PM Re: Biggest Loser - at home! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
But girl! YOU LOST! Way to go and give yourself a pat on the back. Do not look back...just forward. You are doing so good. You are inspiring me to put down the ____(you fill in the blank) and get moving.

Please don't stop!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved