The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 57 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#149410 - 06/01/08 01:48 AM Re: Heart rhythm problems [Re: humlan]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
EW, I'm so glad the problem isn't too serious and easily fixable! Yes, Louisa, it sounds weird, but our hearts and brains run on electrical impulses. When either of the systems get a 'short' then all kinds of problems can occur.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#149411 - 06/01/08 12:45 PM Re: Heart rhythm problems [Re: yonuh]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
My dear friend, I am so happy that you are "fixable". When will this procedure take place?

Your son and DIL are so lucky to have you and your husband in their lives. How wonderful that you have the love and energy to raise their baby. You are blessed.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#149412 - 06/01/08 07:48 PM Re: Heart rhythm problems [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Thank you all, my dear friends, for caring and posting. And yes, " Miss Piggy" ...we speak the same language...hey we are "Boston" people!

I played a round of golf with my son today...brought some beta blockers just in case...and beat the sun of a gun...the first two holes. Weeeeeell at least those two. The rest...he ploughed me under.

He set me back into my care free younger years; turned up the car radio all the way, …played wild music with an unbelievable beat, and we both grooved rolling our hands, holding our noses (like in the swim) and smelling our armpits in unison. Ha Ha ! No kidding!

#149413 - 06/01/08 08:06 PM Re: Heart rhythm problems [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I'm glad you feel better, EW. If it is'nt stress-related, did the Dr say what might have caused it?

#149414 - 06/01/08 10:32 PM Re: Heart rhythm problems [Re: Lola]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I am glad you're better EW and will get something done about your heart.

#149415 - 06/02/08 06:22 AM Re: Heart rhythm problems [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Lola, what I have in medical terms is; Supraventricular Tachycardia. And it can be cured through an operation! They place a catheter inside the heart without touching it. The system tracks the electrical activity to locate the irregularity , and then guides the impulses to the correct location. The doctor told me it's heriditary. Geez...I would rather have inherited my grandmother's beautiful hair! I'll let you all know before I go to the hospital. It's a no big deal operaton. They perform it through the leg area (it's time for me to shave my legs anyway.) Amazing isn't it?

#149416 - 06/02/08 10:36 AM Re: Heart rhythm problems [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
EW, please let us know when you are having the procedure so we can pray you right through it.

Your day with your son sounds heavenly.

The last time I decided to play with one of my sons, I tore my ACL. We were playing tennis and I was trying my darndest to keep up with him and it was a mistake. But it was so much fun while it lasted. That was a year and a half ago. I'd give anything to be on the courts again with any of my kids, but I think I've given that up. Huge sigh...

#149417 - 06/02/08 02:13 PM Re: Heart rhythm problems
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Edelweiss, I'm glad there's some good news in all of this. As Dotsie mentioned, make sure we know when so we can send prayers and virtual hugs to you!

#149418 - 06/02/08 05:37 PM Re: Heart rhythm problems [Re: ladyjane]
Edelweiss Offline

Operation day is the 12th of this month. Yikes! That's not so far away. I am a little nervous...but the alternative not to have it done is worse. Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts.

#149419 - 06/02/08 05:45 PM Re: Heart rhythm problems [Re: Edelweiss]
Mountain Ash Offline

So glad you know when the procedure is.Then you are in control and can plan a day of pleasure as a reward..
What shall that be ?
Mountain ash

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved