The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#148945 - 05/21/08 12:37 AM Re: Support for the Organizationally-Challenged [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
So LJ, have you got everything organized?

#148946 - 05/21/08 01:12 PM Re: Support for the Organizationally-Challenged [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Ummm....nottttt yet! I'm inspired though and that ain't all bad! Bring in the dumpster because by the end of the year, I expect this place to be a whole lot lighter!! Now I need to convince hubby to do the same

#148947 - 05/21/08 01:23 PM Re: Support for the Organizationally-Challenged [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
If you make it sound like HIS idea, he'll probably do it! LOL!

#148948 - 05/21/08 07:28 PM Re: Support for the Organizationally-Challenged [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Really there isn't a problem because he wants to as badly as I do but it's getting him into that mode to really start something. Right now the poor guy is so busy detailing all his bosses cars and doing some landscaping, plus working a day job. Half the problem for me is so little time to really accomplish. I've used the link you gave me, JJ (thank you!). One suggestion is just a few minutes at a time, i.e. 20 minutes....do something, accomplish something, anything that clears a corner or space and divide into boxes.

#148949 - 05/21/08 08:04 PM Re: Support for the Organizationally-Challenged [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
LJ, we've taled about this here before. I took the idea nf one drawer, or one closet, or bin at a time. I got my kitchen done that way in a snap. I could so some drawers or cabinets in 10 minutes and others it took about an hour to go through and sort.

The other suggestion about making piles also works. That's how we did Mom and Dad's house before they sold it. We had a pile for trash, Goodwill, and then each child had a pile, and the rest Mom and Dad kept. It worked beautifully. Whenever we went to help Mom and Dad, we'e take out the trash, take a bag to Goodwill, and end up bringing some of our very old stuff home with us. But it sure cleaned out their house and made me get my act together at my home so I wuoldn't accumulate things either.

What is bothering you the most? Is it the kitchen, a closet, certain drawers? Start with one little project and attack it. You might be surprised how little time it actually takes.

Now get started. You didn't know you just hired a bunch or get organized coaches, did you?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved