The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 68 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#147349 - 05/02/08 02:37 PM Re: That darn guilty conscience [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
LJ, you are so right about us internalizing all of this and considering what it's going to be like for us.

chatty, does your mom have many living friends or family?
I hate to say it, but there's soemthing to dropping dead of a heart attack. I know it's a shock to everyone left behind, but it's much better than living a long and lonely life, or suffering with some disease.

#147350 - 05/02/08 05:47 PM Re: That darn guilty conscience [Re: Edelweiss]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

Lately my dear mother has been trying for me.

I hear you loud and clear, EW... it's as if my mom thinks I'm not doing enough. I pulled back Friday 3 weeks ago... haven't seen her since. Boo Hoo (I say that out of angry hurt - think me rude or hateful if wished, but that's how her attitude makes me feel.) I think I'm working my way through the grieving process and I'm now stuck on 'anger.'
This is healthy, right?

#147351 - 05/02/08 07:47 PM Re: That darn guilty conscience [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dotsie, yes my mom has many relatives all around her in Indiana. Her sister is 90 and still alive, other sibblings as well still alive. She has friends from work that love and visit her sometimes and she is very well known in the town she lives in as she and my stepdad operated a bakery for many years and know everyone. But most stay to themselves and their own familys, she also doesn't get around as much as before so sometimes is lonely BUT hell, we're all lonely sometimes even those of us with family still around constantly. To me loniliness is a natural emotion like any other that rears its ugly head from time to time...
Edelweiss and Gims, I adore my mother and since we are a thousand miles apart neither one gets on the others nerves but even on the phone mom can get me riled up, BUT shes my mom, old, and I respect that fact so I never argue or even seem upset to her. After I hang up sometimes I just scream into a pillow...Ah! And that feels better...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#147352 - 06/02/08 08:47 PM Re: That darn guilty conscience [Re: Edelweiss]
Carol_Odell Offline

Loc: Florida
I can so relate! My mom walked into my kitchen once, slammed her hand down on counter and said,
I'm not happy!" (She had Parkinson's and later developed Alzheimer's).
I looked at her--and she was basically demanding that I DO something--not that it's in anybody's ability to make someone else feel anything.
That's when I realized, the only person's happiness I could do anything about was my own.
I loved the quote you found--how very true.
Seek your own happiness and let it spill out to the world.
Nice to meet you.
~Carol O'Dell
Hello~I'm Carol D. O'Dell, author of Mothering Mother: A Daughter's Humorous and Heartbreaking Memoir. I write and speak and teach about caregiving, inspiration, creativity, spirituality, writing, marketing, and humor.

#147353 - 06/03/08 02:38 AM Re: That darn guilty conscience [Re: Carol_Odell]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Like wise Carol, and hope to see more of you in the forum...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved