The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#147110 - 04/26/08 09:18 PM Re: My babys sick! [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This morning she was her old self, first up and out and as frisky a ever. A good bowel movement will do that for them (and us!) She ate her regular food and is now sleeping on my desk while I type. Princess, I ended up in the hospital once after five days of NO movement, out of sorts and in terrible pain. I suppose it is the same for all living things that poop (Dotsies word.) This time its no typo however.

Edelweiss glad you heard the radio show and thanks for the nice comments. It was fun as he is so laid back. Plus he wants me back again and told me to tell my friends from BWS which I mentioned.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#147111 - 04/26/08 10:42 PM Re: My babys sick! [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Chatty, I didn't listen to the show yet, but I found the site. It seems like he wants to talk about socially relevant issues. I'm so glad to hear that the poopie puppy is ok! I had a pet moment today. Here's the story: We have a fenced yard. With a gate. Last week we had our yard marked for utilities so we can know where or where not to plant a tree. We had to unlock the gate to let the utilities guys in the yard when we were not home. Doggies are used to going out into the yard safe and secure. No worries. This morning doggies went out as usual. But then I had this funny feeling. I said to DH, "Hey, did you ever lock the gate?" (he has the key) and he said, "Oh, no, I keep forgetting." I said, "It's so windy, I wonder if the gate flew open and the dogs got out." He said, "if the dogs get out, they won't go anywhere." What? They are terriers, they chase any little critter! So, by that time, I was on my way outside and sure enough, the gate was wide open. No dogs in the yard. The dogs were up the street, in a neighbors yard, sitting together looking INTO someone's sliding glass door. They were looking at a dog on the inside! So, moral of story, trust your gut when it comes to your dogs! And, always check the gate because DHs tend to forget!

#147112 - 04/26/08 11:42 PM Re: My babys sick! [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Glad you found them Princess... One day my two got out when someone left the door inside partly open and there they were eight months old, walking merrily down the street. Luckily when I shouted their names they came running to me...Funny how we get those funny feelings, I bet thats our guardian angels warning us.

#147113 - 04/28/08 01:41 AM Re: My babys sick! [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
So Chatty, glad your darling is feeling better. Thank God is wasn't terribly serious and it can be cured. We love them so much.
www.tidedancer.com

#147114 - 05/01/08 09:14 PM Re: My babys WELL! [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

She is fit as a fiddle and running amock with her sister like usual. Thank God, she really scared the bejeebies out of me this time...

#147115 - 05/01/08 09:27 PM Re: My babys WELL! [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Glad to hear the good news...

#147116 - 05/02/08 11:12 AM Re: My babys WELL! [Re: humlan]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Chatty, so glad that your baby is well, up and running! It really takes the pressure off when you see things back to normal. Otherwise, it's such a heartache. My beloved black cat (now 12 yrs. old) had a very bad time in late 2004 right after I moved and got married. He got fatty liver disease from stress and spent 6 days in the hospital. The vet was talking of euthanasia. I went in every day and held him in his blankie like a baby...and cried my eyes out. Well, he's a survivor and fooled us all. He's happy and healthy now and takes no crap from the other cats! We mention it now once in awhile (how close he came to the end) and marvel at his recovery. He's such a love.

#147117 - 05/02/08 01:38 PM Re: My babys WELL! [Re: ladyjane]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Love all those happy stories! And love how so many ladies
here, love animals. Have you seen that TV commercial? It opens with a woman saying, "My family are all animals." Then, a donkey and two pigs come down the stairs. iRobot is the product being advertised; it's a floor cleaner I guess? An announcer wants to spend more time with her "best friend" the donkey [husband]; he sits on the sofa beside her. I love that! Another one I love is the hound dog that takes his master's breakfast upstairs. The master gets out of bed and goes for a morning run. In the final scene, that same dog is in bed, under the sheets with its head on the master's pillow! Cool, cool, cool...

#147118 - 05/02/08 03:24 PM Re: My babys WELL! [Re: jabber]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
hehehe....jabber, my husband is SOOOO offended by the donkey and pigs commercial. It bothers him everytime we see it. I guess I may feel a similar way if the tables were turned and the woman was portrayed in such a way.

#147119 - 05/04/08 01:25 PM Re: My babys WELL! [Re: ladyjane]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Ladyjane,
I probably would be offended too if the tables were turned.
I have a special love for donkeys. When I was a kid, my dad
would take me to a petting zoo. Then he pretend he was talking to the donkeys. He'd make a heehaw noise. And they'd make a heehaw noise back. I had a friend, he went to be with the Lord in '97, but he was a farmer. And he actually had a baby piglet that lived in his house. It was the cutest thing. Guess that's why I love that ad. The dog ad? What can I say. I love dogs!!!! And my dog does that.
She'll get me out of bed and then take my place!
Of course I love animals. Does it show?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved