The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#162491 - 10/12/08 09:11 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Edelweiss2]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for letting me spend the autumn day with you. My favorite was the mountains with the solo sailboat and reflection in the water until I saw the series with all the trees and their reflections too. They were gorgeous. The colors are so crisp and clean. You're a little ahead of us where I live, but we have all that to look forward to.

#162577 - 10/14/08 06:33 AM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Dotsie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I loved the colorful trees mirrored in the water, like a passage to a fairy tale world! Beautiful pictures smile

Poet and essayist

#162584 - 10/14/08 09:16 AM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Thanks you Dotsie and Meredith. It was a beautiful day. One of those where you ask yourself, why don'T we do this more often?

#162589 - 10/14/08 10:59 AM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Edelweiss2]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

EW, Your comment about doing fun things more often is one I think our generation is taking to heart. It's time to do more of the fun activities we've been putting off for years.

#162642 - 10/14/08 08:31 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
All I can say is AWWWWEEEEEEEEEE!

#162747 - 10/15/08 05:26 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Edelweiss2]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Oh EW..it was absolutely beautiful!!! Music and video..I just sat there..in front of my computer..enjoying it with you..and thinking you are a genius that can put this together so well!!!

Thank you!!! SO MUCH!!!!!

#162750 - 10/15/08 05:38 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Ok guys..I have some things to be soooo grateful for! And I want to share them with you!!!

We,too, are having an absolutely GORGEOUS autumn here in Sweden. The colors of the trees are just fenomnal! I can´t, at present, put together what you did, dear EW..but I AM learning..so maybe next year at this time??? blush

My SIL cancer has been diagnosed as Stage 2..Stage 1 being the most hopeful..so right now...we are kind of breathing a bit easier. And are sooo grateful..for these moments!!!! His first chemo went well..he wasn´t too sick at all. I know..and so do we all..that the following chemos maybe more difficult..but for now..we are so thankful!!!!

AND!!!!!...MY GRANDKIDS ARE COMING WITH ME TO THE US AT CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!! grin grin grin

The 2 oldest have decided to come with grandma after all! And grandma is just positively lyrical with happiness. I am sooooo grateful for this extra bonus! I will be traveling to my daughter and SIL and their child..also my grandchild. I will meet with and finally be able to hug my son again..you know, the 18 yr old that got away wink I just can´t wait!!! But the anticipation is lovely too. smile

I am very blessed at this moment in time! So I am trying to send some light, warmth and love here..if only for a moment. smile

#162776 - 10/15/08 06:40 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Humlan, I can feel your happiness in this post! You'll have a great time with the grandkids and your son will be so happy to see you again. smile

I was Stage 2 -- and although there are no guarantees about anything in life -- it's a better diagnosis than 3 or 4. My motto during chemo was, "this too shall pass."

Poet and essayist

#162785 - 10/15/08 08:05 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Humlan,
It was so lovely to read of your happiness with knowing you will be seeing your grandchildren and your son! How wonderful!
I am so happy for you and you are such a lovely lady that you deserve all that life has too offer in the area of grace. You are, indeed, blessed.

It reminded me of my joy when my son mailed me about coming home for Christmas and also called when hearing I had a bad cold this week that kept me from work. He seemed so frightened for my health that it brought a tear to my eyes. Here he is, grown, 21, preparing to enter a Doctorial program and yet he was frigtened for my health. Although I felt awful, I also felt that grace I am speaking of with you and your family.

I thought you'd understand.

Bless you, my dear Humlan and bless your family.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#162848 - 10/16/08 12:09 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

humlan, I know and appreciate your love of family so this news brings me tremendous joy. Please tell us how old the two grands are that will be traveling with you?

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved