The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#146023 - 07/07/08 01:16 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Start the day with God? That's neat, boomers! Thank God, 4 God, [The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost!] Don't think I'd B here, if not 4 Him!!!

#146024 - 07/07/08 09:46 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: jabber]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Eagleheart..I am having a tough day..but I am still writing to you in the gratitude journal thread..because I want to thank you for your post..and MountainAsh..for the watering your garden first story/thought. Without expounding here on what´s going on..I just want to say that your posts gave me the beginning of a way to turn my thoughts to something positive. At least turn them in that direction..

Eagleheart..you have direct contact with God/your Source!!! I am overwhelmed at the contact you have with yourself..meaning your self!!! However do you do it??? Are you, in other words, finding your answers within your self? Is someone guiding you? Or are you your own guide? My goodness what a blessing..and how incredibly far you have come!!!!And you are living proof that it can be done..

What a treasure you are. And what a treasure you have!

#146025 - 07/08/08 12:54 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
humlan,
Sorry U had a hard day, yesterday. Hope today is better and all is well. U R right: Eagle Heart is a special lady!!!

#146026 - 07/08/08 05:26 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: jabber]
Songbird08 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Humlan, Eagle and to any woman hurting today, I feel for you and pray God brings healing and encouragement to you today.

To all of you, caring, wonderful ladies that make BWS a special place to share I must kindly, but emphatically, remind:

Love thy neighbor as you love thyself-Matthew 22:39. This states that we must love, be kind to ourselves before we can share love and kindness with others, simply, because we can't give what we don't have. I stress this, not because I have no idea, but because I've been there too.

When we struggle with thoughts of not being loved, we must turn our eyes to the Lord. We are sinners, but God loved each of us so much, that He gave His only Son that we might not perish but have everlasting life .

Our worth comes not from anything on this earth, but because of the immense value God placed on each of us when He sent His Son to save us.

I understand what it is to struggle with issues of unworthiness, lack of love and other negative thoughts. Life is not easy, it inflicts deep wounds that only God can heal, others are quick to judge, relationships don't provide the love and understanding we seek/need. We make mistakes...

But God pulled me through. He gave my life meaning, purpose, a reason to be. Understanding the love he showed me on the cross, changes my perspective, regardless of what others do/say.

Nothing replaces this: For God so loved Songbird that He gave His ONLY Son... I am special to the Lord. Weather others realize it or treat me with the dignity a human being deserves or not, it helps to keep John 3:16 in mind.

I always remember that no one can put me down without my consent. Meaning, we can control the effect others have on us. I say this with love, great admiration and respect for you all. We are too valuable for Heaven. Let us keep this in mind forever!

May God's love embrace each of us daily, so that no one can harm us .
http://inkspirationsbyrhodi.blogspot.com

#146027 - 07/08/08 10:44 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: jabber]
humlan Offline

Thanks, Jabber..I mean it..thanks!

And Songbird..thank you,too.

#146028 - 07/08/08 11:01 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Wait a sec..just wait a sec..this is our Gratitude Journal!!

Soo..let me thank you all for being here when I need you! Reading thru this forum..and especially some of the threads today..has turned my day around from a sad and weepy day..to a day filled with some hope..hope that tomorrow will make more sense again. It´s actually after 1am here in Sweden now...so my new day is beginning!

Thank you SO MUCH!!!

#146029 - 07/09/08 06:36 AM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe

MA, You live only 16 miles from the shore? How wonderful. I’m such a beach nut. I love your quote too:
A WISE WOMAN WATERS HER OWN GARDEN FIRST. I put it up over my computer.

I love reading this thread. I want to add that I’m grateful for modern medicine. When I think back how my grandmother suffered under so many ailments that can be healed today. And that only two generations ago.

I’m grateful for the thousands and thousands of people working in laboratories, dedicating their lives in trying to improve our health and heal. I thought about that while taking my post operation medication this morning.. It is easy to take for granted entering a drugstore and finding the exact medication to relive pain, lift spirits, whatever...

In many countries that would be like entering a candy land.

#146030 - 07/09/08 07:37 AM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Edelweiss]
Mountain Ash Offline

Five miles by road ( as the crow flies I dont know) EW but that day we went to Elie...which is just beautiful.
I can see the sea while driving little glimpses as I drive past trees.I can tell what kind of day it is by the refection and if I see Bass Rock..a rcky island which is home topuffins etc.
That is my gratiitude entry..grateful for being here.
Mountain ash

#146031 - 07/09/08 02:16 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Yes, gratitude....that's what I'm feeling today......we've spent 4 days in a war zone that will eventually yield some beautiful things. Hubby dug a 5 foot deep trench for 130 feet and then dropped in a water line going to his garage. What a mess....all in 90 degree heat. We were up on Sunday night until 1 AM hauling away our old deck, old hottub and back stairs to make way for the carpenters due to arrive Monday morning at 7 AM. Here it is Wednesday and my new, improved and much larger deck is almost finished. Next a large part of our living room wall will be removed to make way for our addition. We're in a total mess but I feel so blessed. A few months ago we would have never dreamed we could do this...it's so appreciated!

#146032 - 07/09/08 03:07 PM Re: An Entry for the Gratitude Journal! [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
LJ, this is so great. I love outdoor space. It's like adding another room to the house this time of year. I bet you'll be living out there whenever you're home.

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved