The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#144929 - 03/20/08 07:30 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
id second that wise to keep thoughts to yourself and what a blessing you were on to her for so lonbg giving time to save information, thats a hugh blessing as courts are normalie onlie intrested in what they or what can be proved. In child court thats about all i can say on matter is its all about what can be proven. If your doughters made some unwise desisions then be prepared for that to come tumbling out in court, normalie it will all in name of discreditting the other parent, just be prepared and if she has done wrong maybee humilitie the way to go and not that sometimes kneew yerk of deniying whats gone on. As she as you say she, genuinlie learned from her mistakes.

i don't know about usa but their are certine mental health acts that protect the individuel fronm reciving (in an ideal world) unfaire descriminasion due to their mental illness itself. I know your brife probablie aware of this if it the same in usa as it seems to be heer. i Onlie know that bit second hand.

lola's a good bit of legal sencces, don't know if she read this but i sure she would if ya pm her. I know she with familie so bisie nd might have missed this post.

this the bleathering over for me good luck and good vless you and your familie in thse time. i be thinking of you all and whishing the best for you in thse times.

#144930 - 03/20/08 10:59 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: Wisdom&Life]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Cathi, this is a difficult situation for all involved, and I think you are doing the best possible course of action. My prayers go out to you, Sophia and Zoey.

Poet and essayist

#144931 - 03/23/08 01:03 AM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: Wisdom&Life]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I'm so glad you and daughter have expertise of the lawyer and advocate. it is so helpful to have such expertise, particularily for a complicated siuation.

May one day Sofia be healed in her heart, mind and be with her little daughter safely.

#144932 - 03/23/08 12:21 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cathi, I hope you all are having a nice Easter back together as a family. Hoping Sophia and Zoey can celebrate the next holiday together.

Is there any contact at this point between her and the father?

#144933 - 03/24/08 12:27 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Thanks Orchid, right now she is depressed but we dare not say that for fear that she will be deemed unstable. That's how careful we have to be. It's hard for me to watch her and tell her she has to hang in there. Yesterday, the boy's mom sent pictures to her cell phone of the baby and she wrote, "Zoey says, Happy Easter Mommy!" This actually depressed her more because she hasn't seen her daughter in a week now and she said Zoey is growing up and she is missing it. I tried to tell her that one day we will be the ones sending them pictures. BTW, this woman's intentions were anything but nice. She did this to cover her a** and she knew it would get to Sofia. Plus, Sofia felt that the dad should be the one sending her the pictures.

Thanks Dotsie, we are hoping to be together this Easter with Zoey. This is the advantage of being Greek Orthodox, our Easter isn't until the end of April. Unfortunately, I have had to push Sofia to contact the father. The Guardian ad Litem had pointed out in a letter that the parents need to communicate with each other in regards of the child. He said the Grandparents need to stay out of it. Sofia is emotionally upset. She doesn't comprehend that the she needs to make the calls and ask how Zoey is doing. I told her when we have Zoey, then he is the one who will need to call. I told her it is imperative that she calls because I am sure the Grandmother is making notes. She wouldn't hesitate to tell her lawyer that Sofia hasn't checked up on Zoey. So she does brave it and calls him.

I sometimes feel like a drill sergeant and I hate it, but I am hoping one day she will look back and see that I was trying to help her and stay on top of things for her at this point. I've been in her emotional state before and it is difficult to focus. She has so much to do in so little time. She is trying to get her learners permit and the test is very difficult. I told her we will go to the DMV every day until she passes. She is trying to find a job too, any job at this point. Thursday, she starts a parenting class. This week she has 3 appointments with a Dr. and a therapist. These are the guidelines she has to follow in order to prove her stability. The good news is that now we got her representation and argued in court about it. The good news is that the father has to follow these guidelines as well. Even though she is struggling with the learner's permit test, she still is likely to get a license before he does because he lost his to reckless driving. Now he has to get a job too and take parenting classes and be on medication as well. So by us getting involved, they are not on the easy street as they had planned to be.

My job in all this right now is to make sure she does all these steps right now. I really believe she will start to feel better once she gets a part time job. Not something complicated or anything like that. She's applied at a tanning salon, which she loves and as a hostess in a restaurant. She has been a hostess before and she loved it. The complex stuff she can try to do when all this is over and done with. In fact, one of the best resources she can take advantage of is our local Vocational Rehab.

Thanks ladies and I hope you all had a Happy Easter!

Love and Cheers,
Cathi

#144934 - 03/24/08 02:18 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You are so inspiring Cathi...when all is said and done and you have Zoey safely in the her Mommy's arms, you need to write Sofie's Story-- A Mom's Perspective ....

I will continue with my prayers for all concerned. Whenever you can and have the time, we so appreciate the updates. I'm sending warm thoughts and love your way.

#144935 - 03/24/08 06:38 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I wonder just how many people are wrongfully placed in mental institutions because someone lied about them. I pray everyday that the Lord would bring justice, as bright as the noonday sun, in a similar situation. [Yikes, the whole house is full of smoke. I forgot potatoes were cooking on the stove. I ruined a pan!] Back to the main subject: I hope the evildoers that pull this sort of garbage get caught up in their own web of deceit. May the tables truly be turned. And may justice truly be done in the above case and in my own circumstance.

Edited by jabber (03/24/08 06:40 PM)

#144936 - 03/24/08 06:54 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
And the potatoes?

Cathi thinking alot of you. Stay strong. What am I saying? You are strong and doing everything just right.
Hannelore

#144937 - 03/24/08 07:00 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Cathi: I will definitely be praying for your family and this situation. So glad you were able to get some help for your daughter. Please know that I will have my prayer group at church praying for this situation. God has never lost a battle. God bless you and yours!!
NABBW & NAWW

#144938 - 03/25/08 01:12 PM Re: My Daughter Sofia [Re: Songbird]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Cathi,
Blessings and prayers.

Songbird,
I like that phrase, God has never lost a battle.

Hannelore,
I salvaged the potatoes and fried them. The pan washed up without a problem, too. Got lucky, I guess. I have to be more careful. I get on this computer and thoughts focus in some sort of tunnel vision!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved