The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#143102 - 06/11/08 02:01 AM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: jabber]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Jabber....how did you discover geocaching?

#143103 - 06/11/08 02:41 AM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: hotflashgal]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
jabber, that sounds like soooooo much fun!!!!
I'm anxious to hear your answer to HFG's question, too.

#143104 - 06/11/08 01:36 PM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: gims]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
hotflashgal and gims,
I bought Wild Bill, my hubby, a GPS 4 Christmas. He searched the NET 4 help in programming the unit: the mioscripting looks like Greek, 2 me. He has such things as gps status on maps, navigational, cockpit, VBig maps; an expert on GPS told hubby about the nationwide scavenger hunt. It's great. There are like 400 finds, within a 10 mile radius of our house. If you google geocaching, you'll discover a whole hidden world out there. By the way, we don't go into caves. I don't think there are many caves in this area. At least I don't know of any. Most caches are hidden in town and county parks. It's kind of an exciting thing to do; it makes the walks more fun! Our lab loves it; because she runs like a deer in the woods.
Have a great day....

#143105 - 06/12/08 01:19 PM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Sorry ladies,
That should've been 92 finds within our 10 mile radius.
The 400 would be within a hundred miles. I've noticed geocaching is worldwide. You gals across the pond could get in on the fun. According to geocaching's offical global site, over a half million 'hide and finds' are registered. I guess the reason I mentioned the sport, is because I find it fascinating to know there are [good, innocent] secret societies within society. It made me wonder just how many actually exist. I know the colleges have secret societies within their sisterhoods and brotherhoods. But I doubt if a person would normally think those socialities exist, otherwise. Well, to answer the leading question of this tread: geocaching I've tried and liked!

Edited by jabber (06/12/08 01:21 PM)

#143106 - 06/14/08 02:22 PM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Someone on another thread mentioned diversions: stuff to get your mind off the heartbreak we face in this ole world.
Well, this geocaching is my fun, right now. While I'm in the middle of a find, I forget about the hurt and agony.
Know what I mean? Do ya, huh?

#143107 - 06/17/08 02:19 PM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Besides, there's something soothing about being out in the wide, outdoors. U hear the birds sing; U see the blue sky and weeping willows; U smell newly mowed hay and lawns; U feel the soft breeze: It's cool!

#143108 - 06/21/08 09:16 PM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Next Saturday Hubby and I will be entering our very first regatta! It will be an all day sailing race, and in the evening a banquet is set, and rewards will be given.
I wonder? Do they give medals for the last one in? After all that would mean we sailed the longest of all of them.

#143109 - 06/22/08 09:11 PM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: Edelweiss]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Hope you have a great race next week, Edelweiss! Let us know how it goes.

#143110 - 06/30/08 07:39 AM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Thanks Orchid. but we couldn't participate. Darn. My son is in Dubai this week. So we didn't have anyone for Anaiya. We need a set of grandparents to babysit her once in while. It's also one of the reasons why I can't visit Anno in Paris.
Oh well. In exchange we have our own little sunshine sprinkling happiness upon us in our daily lives. Don't even want to think of giving her back forever; which will be sooner than we think.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved