The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#143051 - 02/21/08 06:42 PM Re: What activity have you tried & liked?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I wish thinking were an exercise that counted to firm and tone us. But alas, it isn't. Guess I'll stay smart and flabby!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#143053 - 02/21/08 07:50 PM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have been thinking of walking myself too. I may even try the mall for a change now that I have so much time on my hands...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#143054 - 02/22/08 12:07 AM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: chatty lady]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Yes, the comraderie and companionship of the other gals at the gym has definitely helped to keep me motivated! We have a great group of women at the gym (assorted ages, lifestyles, etc) and it really helps me to keep going. I'm not much into working out on my own (other than walking with the dog in the morning and that's not really alone!) I am much more into the group exercise thing.

#143055 - 02/22/08 06:27 AM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Hey Dotsie, I don't know anyting about rowing since I don't swim and am afraid of water.

But read this thread of interest on rowing and types of muscles used:
http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=5758

Just take each stage at a time. A sister of mine pulled her upper back/shoulder muscle on a rowing machine...it took alot of yoga to cure her.

#143056 - 02/22/08 06:35 AM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
orchid Offline

Quote:

I'm not much into working out on my own (other than walking with the dog in the morning and that's not really alone!) I am much more into the group exercise thing.

I occasionally like a group sport/exercise activity or doing something with several other friends...walking, snowshoeing, hiking or cycling.

But I'm the opposite, I prefer just to do my sport/exercise thing ...for hrs. and hrs., or with 1-2 other people whom I know very well.

The motivation when exercising solo is feeling free...and unconstrained by a group pace.

#143057 - 02/22/08 09:17 PM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
orchid, thanks for the link. I felt like a lurker in another forum.

My son thinks I should go to the Y and begin rowing on the machine to get in shape, but I really want to learn the proper way from the instructors at the rowing club. I'll let you know how it goes. Still need the weather to warm up!

#143058 - 02/23/08 11:50 PM Re: What activity have you tried & liked?
orchid Offline

Dotsie the ladies on the link forum that I gave to you in this thread....are an amazing, varied bunch. They love to influence other women in diving into fun exercise.

#143059 - 02/24/08 01:24 AM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: orchid]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Orchid..interesting thread..and a bit inspiring..which is something I need now in the winter..hard to get the old bod going anywhere else except home after work.

I am really into yoga right now..self taught and I do that almost daily..and, I am ashamed to say, that´s all she wrote right now.

I was an avid jogger and really loved it. But I have trouble with my knees and this has put a stop to that. I am very sad about that because I loved my jogs while listening to music in my ears...O well..

I am going to try that site you suggested to Dotsie..maybe I´ll get some ideas and support there,too??

#143060 - 02/24/08 07:03 PM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I started golf three years ago. I used to play tennis almost every day, but my knees hated it, and I had to stop. I was sceptical about golf, because I thought it was boring to watch. Now I love it. You can really get hooked. It's also a wonderful way of meeting new people, because you can join others to make a group of four.
I also enjoy walking, and was afraid golf might get the upper-hand, but that isn’t the case. I can only play golf when I’m relaxed. If I have problems or just have things to think over then I walk. And when we are on vacation, we walk from morning to night.

Dotsie have you ever considered golf?

#143061 - 02/25/08 12:40 AM Re: What activity have you tried & liked? [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

I wish thinking were an exercise that counted to firm and tone us. But alas, it isn't. Guess I'll stay smart and flabby!

Chatty, haven't they proven that making baskets or homeruns through imagining actually improve a player's game? Wouldn't that apply here? Wish it did. I could stand to loose ##.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved