The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 185 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1460 - 03/06/05 04:34 AM Re: church funk
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I read that dreaming about water is dreaming about your emotions. Sounds like you might need to let something go. To say no at work could be considered your job so maybe that's why you don't have trouble there.

Anymore, I pretty much say no to everything.

#1461 - 03/07/05 12:37 AM Re: church funk
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
good advice, all

Dotsie, I hadn't thought of my "No" being someone else's "Yes" - good way to put it.

#1462 - 03/07/05 12:44 AM Re: church funk
Evie Offline

for an interesting article check out:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/tc/2004/004/8.46.html

#1463 - 03/07/05 02:06 AM Re: church funk
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Evie, thanks for the link. That was a great article. I'm trying to rid myself of the imposter. Here's something I pray daily so I can be certain I'm heading in the right direction spiritually:

More you, less me.

Lately, to make it more concrete, I've been praying:

More Jesus, less Dotsie.

I find He is chipping away at my old self. Always something to work on. [Wink]

#1464 - 03/07/05 06:42 AM Re: church funk
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
For those who asked, yes the book we are reading is Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life. The program our church is doing is called 40 days of purpose and reading the book is part of it. There are videos and other resources included.

Dots, it's the end of winter there now, isn't it? Is seasonal fatigue part of your malaise?(I'm feeling tired and cranky because our our high humidity.) I'm still trying to work out what my gifts are NOW - not just fall back into the roles I have had before.

#1465 - 03/07/05 07:00 AM Re: church funk
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Evie, those dreams about drowning are something else. Wow. Drowning with too much to do. And even being sheltered in the cottage and tended to by the lady, the water (stuff) was still bursting at you. What do you do to rest and relax? Love and Light, Lynn

#1466 - 03/07/05 07:25 AM Re: church funk
Evie Offline

"rest and relax" - what is that?? [Razz]

seriously, I've begun to say "no" to some things, and to try to build some down time into my week and to try and get back to prayer, because that in itself is restful and peaceful, right?

#1467 - 03/07/05 11:15 PM Re: church funk
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Amen. A day hemmed in prayer seldom unravels. Where did I hear that? Can't remember, but it's true.

#1468 - 03/10/05 09:04 PM Re: church funk
Ellie Offline

Loc: Towson
I have forced myself to attend Mass every week during lent - feeling much like you do Dotsie - what am I getting out of this??? and of course just as my mind starts to wonder the priests whole sermon is "You are not here for you!!!!" every word out of his mouth was what I was thinking - don't like the music - don't care for this priest etc......... The point was - stop being so me me me!! It really made me think - But I still think somehow we should be able to have it both ways!!! Is that selfish!! This is when I get all confused about my faith - I want to be almost brought to tears by the music or the sermon and that does not happen that often!!! I want to feel my faith when I am in Gods house!!

#1469 - 03/10/05 10:18 PM Re: church funk
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ellie, I hear you. Does you church offer different types of services? Traditional, contemporary? If so, you might try a different type of service.

Also, have you been to any of the non-denominational churches in town? Their sermons are very different. Their messages are delivered in a more theatrical style and have a tendency to stir my soul.

Maybe you need a change of scenery? It's okay to move around and try different styles fo worship.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved