The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#14250 - 01/19/06 12:00 AM Re: Is This Person an Alcoholic??
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
An addict once told me that no matter who how much he loved anyone or any thing, he would always love his drug more. It would always come first and no one and nothing would ever keep him from it. Not his wife, not his children, not his family, no one. He said even during sex his mind was only on the drug and how the sex might help him get it.

I've seen that proven by addicts and alcoholics over and over. The only love they ever have for anyone or any thing is the degree to which it makes their relationship with their drug possible.

The addict has no choice, the enabler has the choice, but only if they are willing to make it.

smile

#14251 - 02/21/06 04:30 AM Re: Is This Person an Alcoholic??
lionshadow Offline

Loc: Spokane
Number5 Hi I'm new and have been in recovery for 20years. The one thing I learn is a drug is a drug especially when you have to drink everyday I can only call myself an acoholic.There is Alnon for the wife you see I learned we do what we do to cover-up pain or tradgies so what ever the problem God can help if he wants it but you he can help the other way throgh alnon I a' a recovering Heroin Addidic but use AA it works very well good spiritual prgram

#14252 - 02/23/06 12:39 AM Re: Is This Person an Alcoholic??
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
lionshadow, congrats on being in recovery for 20 years. You have lots to be proud of. Seems like the spirituality offered in those programs is life changing.

Welcome aboard. Please jump in the Welcome forum and introduce yourself.

#14253 - 02/24/06 12:34 AM Re: Is This Person an Alcoholic??
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Sue, they have open AA meetings that he could attend. He will be welcomed with open arms and hear the truth.

When my daughter was in rehab, the majority of the people were teenagers.

Maybe if he went to a meeting someone would take him under their wings and help him.

#14254 - 02/24/06 07:11 PM Re: Is This Person an Alcoholic??
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I just finihsed reading the book "Smashed." I wish I could say it was unbelievable but it is absolutely believable.

The gal who wrote it was is in her early 20s. She writes about her drunken stupors that began at age 14. She is an incredible writer. Very gifted.

I highly recommend her book to mothers of young gals and their daughters.

I hope this is the first of many books for her.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved