The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
Topic Options
#142591 - 02/19/08 06:18 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
NYWoman Offline

Loc: California
Dancer, thank you so much for your kind words. I keep telling myself that "this, too, shall pass."

#142592 - 02/19/08 06:30 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
It sounds so nice, Mountain Ash! I wish I was there instead of the desert for a bit...

dancer

"Question your privilege"

#142593 - 02/19/08 06:41 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: NYWoman]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
NYwoman..just an comment..being in the Swedish zone..your post name would translate: NEWwoman..I never thoght of New Yorkwoman..but anyway..I hope that you are feeling better.I bet you have some friends here..if you want..you are never totally alone if you can check in here and just read or answer at your leisure.There are some interesting and loving woman here from all walks of life.

Wish I could have "latte" with you (love those) and just shoot the breeze..and do alot "fine whining". I have ALOT going on in my life right now,too. Gotta call my boss..at home..and ask her if I can have the day off on Thursday and take care of my sick grandkids..and I just been off for my own issues and pains (heart=grievning and body pains..joints and a cold. Do things ever calm down and become sort of normal??? Whatever that is???

Lots of hugs to you in New York..and I am betting that you are a new woman, too..in some ways??...

#142594 - 02/19/08 06:58 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Good luck on the other job, Lady Jane, and best wishes on this one!
dancer

#142595 - 02/22/08 08:33 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Dancer, how are you feeling? How is that kidney pain? Are you feeling any better???

Not much to say really..but checking-in anyway. LOOONG Day at work..but it went ok anyway!That translates..no catastrophies with the kids..eventho I had to turn into a witch now and again to regain "law and order" in the community of 18 kids and 2 staff today

It´s FRIDAY in Sweden..FRIDAY EVENING..the ABSOLUTE BEST EVENING of the week in my books. Have been checking around to see if I can reduce my work hours in order to help my daughter with her 3 kids as she struggles to complete her nursing degree..last term rush for her. So far favorable reactions from my x-husband, who is willing to help me with dwindeling finances, and my boss..who didn´t have a fit,but thought it might be a good idea for a shorter time..like 3 months.

HUGS to you all coming thru cyber space!

#142596 - 02/22/08 08:35 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Hi Humlan! God needs nurses so bless your daughter!

My kidney test, the last, showed only a cyst which they don't think is my problem so I have an appointment with a Urologist to look further. I felt ill so I cancelled my first appointment with her but will reschedule soon! At least there where no tumors or stones.

My SIL, the other one, came to drop off all of her plants for me to take care of as she has no place to put them. I took them in, all eight of them! I woke up to her at the door, I'm having a slow day! I plan to take the day off as I have appointments back to back in the next day and week!

I put as much value on my rest as I do my work! I am hoping I will be well now for a stretch of time.

I had done my astrological chart and had it done as well and I am almost through my health problems according to it. I am pleased about that.

Best,
Dancer

#142597 - 02/22/08 09:03 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Thank you, Dancer..for your prompt reply..I was getting a bit worried about you! I am so relieved that things should be looking up for you healthwise..I DO SO AGREE about rest being as important as "busy ness" or whatever I should call it. I think this is partly the secret to fairly good health..eventho life can never be pre-programed..

I think that my daughter can be a balanced combination of efficiency and caring with warmth and understanding..I know I am biased, but I think I can SEE too. She is my Susan´s sister and has been thru alot herself personally. I tend to get entangled in a web of caring and doing that sometimes is not healthy for anyone. I think she can find the balance there that I cannot, at times.

ANYHOOOO...Good luck now and lots of hugs and love coming your way!!!!

#142598 - 02/22/08 09:04 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Give yourself more credit, dear Humlan, we could all learn a bit from you!
dancer

#142599 - 02/26/08 07:10 PM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Thanks, dancer..I needed that..and precisely today..feel like I am drifting on a stormy sea..AGAIN..trying to take my feelings seriously..and not making everything my fault..hence the wonder of your comment. Thank you!

I´ve been to work as usual..on the practical side..it´s raining cats and dogs out there..ducks are having their young already..and I´m in Sweden..and I am trying to figure out if I am too clingy..another thread..

Ok, not my best day..but it´s ok anyway..you know..I´m ok (I think) and you´re ok..thing going on, I guess..

HUGS TO ALL!!!

P.S. Hugs are nice..when you give one, you always get one in return..just by the nature of things

#142600 - 03/09/08 01:34 AM Re: How are you today? Check in! [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

I love these threads that can go on and on..but not too many share my sentiment. That´s ok..I am used to it

I am crosseyed with eye fatigue and general tiredness..but I just had to say that my Saturday was a pleasant one.

First I drove my son to a nearby buss terminal where he picked up his lost cell phone that was found. He fondled it like a long lost friend..and I DO know the feeling..you loose your cell..and you loose all your world and contacts..and lots of your music too.

Then my partner and his son and I went to the local mall where I picked up my tube mascara and a book on yoga for people that can´t be bothered doing it, as it´s called. I LOVE yoga..so I think this could be a fun book.

We had some latte at our favorite coffee shop and then headed home. It´s been a pleasant evening at the computer or watching FROST on tv..

I happened to read that cycling is good for arthritis..which I believe that I have in my knees..making them stiff and hard to manage lately. BUT I am going to try some cycling at our little gym in my housing area..so that gives me some hope of relief..maybe I´ll even post a question here on the forum about my grainy, stiff knees. I bet I´m not the only one with those????

It´s been a GOOD DAY...and that´s a gift..a very precious gift. Good night all..sending peace love and understanding over the miles

Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved