The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#141982 - 02/29/08 03:57 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
mscoach Offline

Loc: Hampton Bays, NY
Glad to see you are back in cyberspace. NO Crash Diets! Ever.
CD is on its way. enjoy.

#141983 - 03/01/08 01:57 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: mscoach]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Can't wait to see what's new for Monday! Wuhoo!

#141984 - 03/01/08 03:24 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I saw the show. My agent friend emailed me and told me I needed to watch, then a freind called right when it was beginning to tell me about it. It was a great show. It was all about everything I believe in and try to emulate. Make midlife your best life!

I can't wait to hear who wins.

#141985 - 03/03/08 05:16 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge!
mscoach Offline

And this week's winner is......Dotsie! Steve the cat feels he should get extra treats for picking the president of this fine club.

And he asked me to expose just how he, a cat with paws and no digits, can perform this feat so that no one feels it's mscoach, picking.

What I do is write the names of the entries onto small pieces of paper and fold them up smaller. Then I toss them in a cup and with Steve at my feet, I fling them out of the cup onto the floor so they scatter. Steve then runs after one of them either slams his paw down on it or picks it up in his mouth. I kid you not. And voila, we have a winner.

Too much fun really.

Dots, I think I have your address from the Christmas card list so I'll get that off to you today.

I'll be back later with this week's book.

#141986 - 03/03/08 10:12 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: mscoach]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is amazing. I can't tell you the last time I won something. Thank you so much. Steve's da bomb!

#141987 - 03/04/08 12:16 AM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Rigged! Rigged! I know Steve the Cat and he was paid off by Dotsie in catnip...I swear!

Okay, maybe I made that up and maybe I didn't. I ain't saying.

I'm just glad to know that we can put our names in the hat...for the cat...that sat...and would bat...at the winning name. Wuhooo!

#141988 - 03/04/08 12:22 AM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
No, JJ...it was ME that tried to pay Steve the Cat off with catnip....but he won't be bought! Congrats, Dotsie....and enjoy!!

#141989 - 03/04/08 02:24 AM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: ladyjane]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well I for one say bless his heart, that smart little cat...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#141990 - 03/04/08 06:25 AM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Good job, Steve, and congrats, dotsie.

#141991 - 03/04/08 02:00 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: gims]
mscoach Offline

Not sure what could be better than showing up here and reading all these very smart and funny posts from you girls. Steve thanks you for all the kind words and loves JJs rhyme. He's thinking that might be the beginning of his rap song.

Ok, we have a new book and I really got a lot out of this one.
"Younger Next Year for Women, LIve Like You're 50--Strong, Fit, Sexy--Until You're 80 and Beyond" by Chris Crowley and Henry S. Lodge M.D.

That's a mouthful. You may have heard of this book as the first one, for men, took a whole bunch of the people I know by storm. The premise, is in the title and the mantra is, Age but not decay. I'm all over that idea, you?
And if you want to get the inside scoop on aging and disease prevention from a doc this book has it.

It's practical and very clearly spells out the importance of exercise--"the best people hate it" but make it their job, commitment and connection to others, self care, and "relentless optimism."

These writers are funny and very honest when it comes to the realities of aging. They don't cover it up and talk about anti-aging. It's about mobility, flexibility, real joy, and so much more. As always if you are not familiar with it check it out on Amazon.

Steve and I will be waiting for your PMs. Good luck everyone.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved