The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#141962 - 02/13/08 08:14 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

Another story from my family
Not about books.
My son went to Russia and then on to China..using Trans Sibarian rail.He got to China an it as was warmer he no longer needed to use his heavy parka(The one I sewed all the zips and velcro on)He put it on a bench on the underground. My son is 6fy 3ins..An hour later he saw a small man wearing this coat...not even near where he left it..Make a good scene in a film .
Back to books.
MA

#141963 - 02/14/08 04:55 AM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: Mountain Ash]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
MA, there is an international club for leaving books in public places for others to find. I'm a member, but have only released one book. I've received only one book, also...
CHECK IT OUT - Here's a link: http://www.bookcrossing.com/ ... I'm still a member: reeder/TX.

#141964 - 02/14/08 08:48 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gmis, I love that concept. I joined, but never did it. One of these days... I have so many books. I think I'd get a kick out of it.

How come you've only done it once? Just wondering... Did you like it.

#141965 - 02/14/08 09:15 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge!
Mountain Ash Offline

Yes this is what my daughter read about then left them while on holiday
MA

Edited by Mountain Ash (02/14/08 09:16 PM)

#141966 - 02/15/08 12:18 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: Mountain Ash]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
dotsie, I just have the hardest time giving up my books!
It'd be easier for me to leave my kitchen ware... anyone need a spatula?

#141967 - 02/15/08 09:59 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
goms, I hoard books too.

My computer guy was here one day and I was feeling so stupid because he kept talking to me about what he was doing and I was clueless. I said, "I'm sorry, I feel so stupid, but I can't follow you."

He replied, "Have you read all those books there (pointing to the shelves in my office)?

"Yup, most of 'em."

"Then you can't be stupid. I probably don't know much about what's in them if they have to do with women. HOw are you suppose to know all about computers if you don't read about them."

Point well taken.

I have too mnay books about, for and by women! But I can't part with them.

#141968 - 02/18/08 01:56 AM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: Mountain Ash]
mscoach Offline

Loc: Hampton Bays, NY
Wow I've not checked in here in a week! You guys are the best and no worries about sending things to the UK or Europe, you just get a lot more time to look forward to the books arrival.
Ok, so hopefully the PM thing is straightened out, you do it each time something is offered.
There will be other offerings besides books so keep checking.
I love the leaving a book in the hotel idea.
This week's winner is--------Ladyjane!!!!!
Steve the cat is sleeping but he picked her name right around 6pm but I"ve been busy and he didn't want to hang around waiting on me.
So ladyjane, PM me with your snail mail address and off it will go on Tuesday. Congratulations!!! Hope you enjoy the book and I suspect you'll pass it on.
I'm going to post the new offering in a separate post.

#141969 - 02/18/08 01:55 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: mscoach]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Way to go LJ....I want some of your mojo girl...you've been realllll lucky here lately. You going to Vegas?

#141970 - 02/18/08 02:01 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Well, I'll be!!!! Just checked this and I'm feeling a lot lucky to say the least.....for a woman who's won very, very little until now. Awesome! Okay, JJ, I'll start a contest to send some mojo weekly! And by the way, I'll pass this on when I'm done...no more hoarding books!

Edited by ladyjane (02/18/08 02:05 PM)

#141971 - 02/18/08 03:25 PM Re: Feed Your Mind-at no charge! [Re: ladyjane]
mscoach Offline

Loc: Hampton Bays, NY
Ok wimmens, it's a new week and a new give away.
This week I've got a brandy new, never used, Hypnotherapy CD from Peak Potentials titled, Hypnotherapy for Inner Power & Self Confidence. It's never been used because someone gave me a set I already owned.
It's not a subliminal so you'll hear every message. There is a short intro to Hypnotherapy, the message or meditation, a short intro to affirmations and then about 10 minutes worth of affirmations.
Peaks does a good job and at the very least it is a relaxing way to spend a half hour. I believe there is great benefit from meditation CDs, especially for those of us who have a hard time quieting the mind alone.
So bring on the PMs, Steve the cat is looking forward once again to playing his part and impartially picking a winner.
Best
mscoach

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved