The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 210 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#140732 - 02/05/08 02:08 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: ladyjane]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
woops, of course Conway NH...
I'm comin' around the mountains when she comes...toot toot...gonna check the mountain site now.
Not getting much work done today...teehee...anaiya is with her Mom is Switzerland for a couple of days. Nice to have a breather.

#140733 - 02/05/08 02:13 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Wow, I bet it's nice to have a couple of days to yourself! I can't blame you for feeling like goofing off for awhile. It's good for ya!

#140734 - 02/05/08 11:11 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Gorgeous pictures LJ. Some of themf could have been mine. We love Kennebunk and Kennebunkport. I have so many pictures of all over that area. And I'm headed for that 5 and 10 cent store Hannelore spoke of this Friday. We are spending Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Conway and North Conway. We'll be having lunch at Horsefeathers sometime Friday. Yippee!

#140735 - 02/05/08 11:23 PM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

If you came here, I suppose we could go to Boston and walk the Freedom Trail, spend some time at Faneuil Hall and the marketplace, do lunch at the Four Seasons or the Ritz (ya, right) maybe the infamous Durgin Park. You could get some lovely pictures of the Swan Boats. We could browse the shops on Newbury Street. How about a trip to the Museum of Fine Arts or the Museum of Science or maybe the Aquarium? Or, we could go on the Duck Tours. Ride these big vehicles that go on land and in the Charles River. Awesome tourist thing to do.

If you came here in October, we could visit Salem, the Witch city. We could go to the House of Seven Gables, have lunch at the Hawthorne Hotel, a historic hotel. We could go on to Gloucester and Rockport and visit the artists places.

Want to hear more about your idea too MA.

#140736 - 02/06/08 12:15 AM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: Louisa]
ladyjane Offline

Oh, Louisa!!!! I went to Salem during the 70's with the late and great Alex Tanous (psychic and totally weird guy) and my (then) husband to peruse all the graveyards and all the stuff....loved it! Stayed in the Nathaniel Hawthorne House many times!

#140737 - 02/06/08 12:29 AM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

LadyJane, Did you go to Salem Willows or Pioneer Village? I'm not sure where the Nathanial Hawthorne House is, unless you meant the Hawthorne Hotel. I got married there in January of 2000. I wonder where else you and I have both been?

#140738 - 02/06/08 12:32 AM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: Louisa]
ladyjane Offline

Oh, Louisa....I was at the Hawthorne Hotel for sure. I married my first husband twice....and we honeymooned for the second time there. Wow, you got married there? so cool...what year? We always went there in the Fall....just loved it. I've been all over Massachusetts visiting friends and going different places over the years....NOT to mention the greatest place of all, Fenway Park!!!

#140739 - 02/06/08 12:43 AM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

LJ, I got married in 2000. They had just done the Ballroom over. We were the first couple to get married in the new Ballroom in the new millenium. We got married on January 8th. The only wedding before us was on New Year's Eve so it was still 1999. They did a time capsule and we have something that I wrote in it. They will open it in 2025.

#140740 - 02/06/08 08:42 AM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: Louisa]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Ladies, your information, links and photos are just awesome!

If you came to my island in Hawaii, I would suggest the authentic
Paradise Cove Luau, the all-day Polynesian Cultural center event,
hiking up Diamond Head Crater, a visit to Dole Pineapple Plantation,
going to our many lovely beaches, snorkeling in Hanauma Bay, and there is
so much more : )

http://www.visit-oahu.com

http://www.paradisecove-luau.com/photo_gallery.html

http://www.hawaiiweb.com/html/hanauma_bay_beach.html

Enjoy!!

#140741 - 02/06/08 10:33 AM Re: If you were a travel agent ? [Re: diamond50]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I'm enjoying this thread so much. Makes me feel closer to all of you, seeing the surroundings you live in.
Louisa, I worked in government center for about 5 years. I know Boston like the back of my hand, although the new Boston would throw me through a loop now. Last time we were there we were told that a tiny studio apartment on Beacon Hill costs a million. Gag. That's horrible

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved