The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#139926 - 01/30/08 12:31 AM Re: Natural cold remedies? [Re: gims]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Hannelore, I can relate! My darling grandson just gave me another cold on Sunday - it took me almost 3 weeks to get rid of the one he gave me on New Year's Day! So I've been following this thread with invested interest, drinking lots of hot water with honey - it's very soothing on the throat. I take echinacea too; in the past it's helped keep the viruses away, but it didn't help at all with the New Year's cold.

How are you feeling today?

(Maya Angelou)

#139927 - 01/30/08 09:02 AM Re: Natural cold remedies? [Re: Eagle Heart]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hannelore, I know some people swear by Airborne -- but it's definitely not natural. It contains so much artificial sugar and leaves such a bad aftertaste, that the last time we both had a cold, neither hubbo nor I could finish off a glass between us.

I use a collection of Chinese herbs called Cold Snap, although I doubt you'd find it in Germany.

Poet and essayist

#139928 - 01/30/08 06:41 PM Re: Natural cold remedies? [Re: meredithbead]
Madalyn Offline

Sorry about that Hannelore. I was trying to help. I didn't know it was filled with unatural things. I'm sorry.

#139930 - 01/30/08 07:09 PM Re: Natural cold remedies? [Re: ]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Anne, have you tried using a neti pot for cleaning out your sinuses? It feels/seems kinda gross at first, but it does help open up the clogged sinuses.

#139931 - 01/30/08 07:27 PM Re: Natural cold remedies? [Re: Cookie]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Madalyn, hon, that's alright. I would recommend any medication that helps me too. Besides, it's the thought that counts.

Meredith, you’re right; never heard of Cold Snap. I think Goldie Hawn is a big fan of Chinese remedies. I’ll look into it.

Lol Anne. You know what’s scary? I understood exactly what you meant when you said; thois8^dh9ip[oc??? Speaking of clogged sinuses, when I left milk products away, my sinuses unclogged within two weeks. Have you tried that?

This is just great, now Hubby has caught my cold,…and he’s dragging around like he’s on his death bed. Poor guy, he will really go nuts when he gets the entire bimbam. Right now I have my hands full between him and Anaiya. But I’m feeling somewhat better, and I’m managing.

#139932 - 01/30/08 08:07 PM Re: Natural cold remedies? [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I'm glad you're feeling better Hannelore...a little, at least, cuz honey, you're gonna need it if that man of yours has it! OMG....I can't believe what happens when a man gets a cold or flu. And they think women are all about drama??? They could make a movie out of the times my husband has really been sick...thank God, it's not often!!!

#139933 - 01/30/08 08:37 PM Re: Natural cold remedies? [Re: ladyjane]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
El Hub had two really bad colds this season that lasted at least 2 weeks each, one in December and another in January. I didn't catch the first one at all. The 2nd cold, I sneezed for 3 days straight but then it was over.

LadyJane, I'm married to a 24/7 drama queen, so it's hard to tell the difference!

Poet and essayist

#139935 - 01/31/08 02:46 AM Re: Natural cold remedies? [Re: gims]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I take green tea supplements, i.e., Origin 315 mg (Target store brand).

#139936 - 01/31/08 11:29 AM Re: Natural cold remedies? [Re: ]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Anne, here is a link that I found to give you a little information on the neti pot. There is a small video on this particular site that shows how to use it. You can buy neti pots at wal-mart or the health food store for about $12.00 to $16.00.

neti pot

#139938 - 01/31/08 08:11 PM Re: Natural cold remedies? [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I can remember when we were children at home and when colds arrived, Mom would tuck us in near her ironing, feed us Tomato Soup made with milk, my fav...and give us Coke-a-cola...the only time we were allowed to drink plenty of it. And...they were in those small bottles. Remember those?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved