The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#139848 - 01/29/08 11:07 AM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: Dee]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Dee, that is so true. I try to always be aware of my surroundings. YOu just don't know who's who and you do have to mindful of what's going on and take precautions. You can't live like a scared rabbit either. Sometimes just common sense or doing a few little things can make a big difference, like locking your car doors, checking your car before you get into it, not leaving your purse in your shopping cart, carrying your cell phone and making sure it's charged up or not opening your door until you know who it is. We need to be careful and be aware.

#139849 - 01/30/08 02:14 AM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: Louisa]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Update, the neighbor remarried a few days ago. sorry, yet i find it amazing for someone whose been married for 25+ years to lose spouse tragically and then in a relationship 6 mths later and now remarried. oh well!

#139850 - 01/30/08 12:08 PM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: ]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I wonder how much life insurance he has on this one?

#139851 - 01/30/08 05:16 PM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: ]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
That is quite quick, Mustang Gal, My father did the same thing. He was married FAST after he and my mother divorced due to her illness! It took him weeks and he did not date before that! He just picked a woman he wanted for a wife and married her as fast as he could! They are still married 30 years later and after her having 2 strokes and other problems but he told me he married so fast because he liked being married.

I like being married too. I am a middle child and am used to being surrounded by people. I am much happier with a roomate, for example, if I am single!
He may be that way..

dancer

"Question your privilege"

#139852 - 01/30/08 06:13 PM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
In following this conversation, all I can say is men are very different when it comes to remarriage or getting involved with someone quickly. They could be the happiest married man around and no matter how they lose their spouse, the seek to find something similar. It may not be a popular opinion but my theory has always been "Women grieve hard, have to find themselves again and are timid in approaching the dating scene again...men just replace the woman they were married to." I've seen it happen over and over yet I don't like my own conclusion.

#139853 - 01/30/08 06:31 PM Re: Unsolved Mystery [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Lovely Lady Jane,
I agree with you, in most cases this is true, but I have an exception:
When the father of my son and I married, we were friends and it was to have a child. I was not yet pregnant and I agreed to marry him, although we were friends, so that his and my own family, would accept the child as legitimate. I was out of time, I was high risk and my doctor said to have another child soon if I wanted to survive it. We did have that child and my ex husband told me then when we were 26, that he loved me and if he every married, it would be to me.

Now our child is going on 21 in June. He is still not married again. He is still loving to me and I to him, and we are still friends. We have a lovely son we both raised, all the way, he paying child support, providing medical, and being on visitation every weekend and all holidays. He did what he said he would as did I. I never denied him access to our child and I was loving as a friend as I said in our vows, which we altered. He told me in our thirties that he would always consider me his wife and had no intentions of marrying again, he even told me he once dated a dark haired woman and almost got serious with her until he realized he was trying to replace me.

He is a professional golfer and again, a good, good man. We stay close, raise our son together and when I fell in love with my husband, my old friend, he was happy for me, but it was for him "bittersweet." It's been a lot of years now but we talked a week and a half ago about my son's spring break, still keeping our promise.

I feel that if one is honest, and if one is a "good person," then life can be easier. I only was attracted to kind men, nice men, and strong men as I was strong. I never admired the "tough guy," as my father was the classic of that type and I did not admire him.

Men can be different if we are honest with them sometimes. Not all the time, but sometimes. We need to give them credit for handling the truth, and life, and not shield them from it.

This is just my opinion.

dancer, mother of two sons

"Question your privilege"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved