The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 217 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#13926 - 01/01/05 06:27 AM How did everyone celebrate New Year's Eve?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
What is everyone doing for New Year's Eve?

It's a tame one here. Our kids and friends are at a big celebration downtown. We're home watching the downtown party and Regis on TV, me with one leg sticking up in the air and Dan making dinner.

We'll have champagne, candle light, and some poppers left over from last year's New Years eve at midnight. Weirdly wonderful I hope.

Here's hoping everyone has a great New Year's Eve and an even greater 2005.

#13927 - 01/01/05 05:36 PM Re: How did everyone celebrate New Year's Eve?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We thought we'd have a nice dinner at home, but all that changed. We ended up going out early for dinner and a walk through Hamden with a couple family members.

Hamden is an old neighborhood in the city. One whole block of row homes decorates like crazy people. They even have lights strung from one side of the street to the other. It's magical. People come from all over the state to see the display. Each home has a theme. Some seemed to have many themes...a little bit of everything thrown in! [Eek!]

We had dinner at Cafe Hon and then walked to see the lights. We were home by 8:30. We played cards and hung out with two of our children and a couple of their friends. We made it to midnight! [Wink] Yippee! Happy New Year!

#13928 - 01/02/05 01:46 AM Re: How did everyone celebrate New Year's Eve?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
New Years Eve brought a marathon of Cops on TV which I watched until 11:30 PM then switched to local channel 8 to see the madhouse on the strip. At midnight all the hotels set off their fireworks displays and it was a sight to behold. It seems the crowds were a bit more subdoed this year with people interviewed from all over the world wishing all of us Peace, Health and Tranquility. The Tsunami was mentioned many times and I fear people were very shaken by such a disaster. It did my heart good to see their concern even in this party hardy atmosphere. Maybe 2005 will be a better more caring year... [Wink]

#13929 - 01/02/05 02:39 AM Re: How did everyone celebrate New Year's Eve?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I made a big pot of vegetable soup from scratch, which was our dinner. We rented 3 movies. Last night we saw Harry Potter 3; today was Shawn of the Dead; and in 30 minutes it'll be Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. We taped Die Fleidermouse off TV and will watch it tonight.

#13930 - 01/02/05 05:42 AM Re: How did everyone celebrate New Year's Eve?
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
We spent quiet time at home. Watched some Tv and caught up on things around the house.
We do like to play games in the evenings.
Maggie

#13931 - 01/02/05 05:22 PM Re: How did everyone celebrate New Year's Eve?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm still scrapping the drool off the side of my mouth where I fell asleep on my couch around ohhhh say 9ish...what? Hey I had Chinese, a good movie, then peanut butter fudge...now THAT's my kind of evening.

I dread Monday when I start the old excercise program. How do I let myself get talked into these things? oh wait...this was my idea. Hm...I'm slipping.
[Roll Eyes]
JJ

#13932 - 01/02/05 09:48 PM Re: How did everyone celebrate New Year's Eve?
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
They say the first thing you do in the New Year is what you will do for the rest of the year; I woke up and started writing!! Notice I said 'woke up'? I thought I'd stay up and blow some horns with my son, but alas, boomer that I am, I fell asleep at 9. (As usual) But I woke up at quarter after 12, grabbed a pen and started 'writing it down'! Happy New Year, ya'll!

#13933 - 01/03/05 01:41 AM Re: How did everyone celebrate New Year's Eve?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Unique, I hope this holds true for your new year!

Glad to see you back...

#13934 - 01/03/05 03:10 AM Re: How did everyone celebrate New Year's Eve?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Since New Year's Eve is my wedding anniversary and then the anniversary of when Nathan came to live with us we all stick together for New Year's.

We took the train from Baltimore to Union Station in DC, hung around most of the afternoon and came home about dinner time and shared pizza at our house with friends. Very relaxing.

No one made it to midnight.

Lynn

#13935 - 01/03/05 09:21 PM Re: How did everyone celebrate New Year's Eve?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Well Lynn, according to Unique's theory you will probably be sleeping through 2005! [Razz]

How fun to have your anniversary and Nathan's on the same day! Were you able to plan that?

We still celebrate our kids anniversaries by giving them a little gift. Our birth child gets ripped off. He only has a birthday to celebrate! [Eek!]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved