The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#139037 - 01/23/08 04:55 AM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hey Kathy, welcome back! You've been missed

As of pretty recently, I can look north and see snow on the mountains, and was wondering if you have it too?

Poet and essayist

#139038 - 01/23/08 03:42 PM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Eagle, Sorry to hear you are feeling so run-down. I pray you are getting better now and have no additional problems with your up-coming trip to the Cuba. Health is so important.

It took me weeks to recover and I am not fully recovered from my year end illness. (Whatever it was).

When are you traveling?
NABBW & NAWW

#139039 - 01/23/08 04:08 PM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Songbird]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks Kathy and Songbird,
I'm feeling better today. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. One of our best friends in Cuba (a doctor) called us last night just to assure us that she would take very good care of me when we get there...just to hurry up and get there!

We're leaving for Cuba next week...hubby's so excited. He's been going every year for about 14 years now (same place every year - many of his family go too); this will be my 5th time in that location, 8th time in Cuba. We missed last year (looking after Gary), so hubby almost can't sleep he's so giddy!

The sun and sand will be very welcome (leaving all this cold snow behind), but I'm especially looking forward to seeing all of our friends again - both fellow tourists who go every year, and the Cuban friends who are like a second family. With my own family so broken right now, it will be a great and comforting joy to be with these people, and hubby's family too (there will be 7 of us going this year). It's one of the few places (besides BWS) where I feel safe and at home.

(Maya Angelou)

#139040 - 01/23/08 06:28 PM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Eagle Heart]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Oh, Eagle Heart!
All this posting for others and you didn't even mention your own pain and illness? I'm sorry you are ill! We must focus on you! You must focus on you! You are truly generous to hide your illness and be on the forum for everyone else.

Still, you come first! Will you see a doctor if you don't improve? Will you keep us informed!

It's terrible that our "heart," our Eagle Heart, is ill! It really is.

I will keep you close in my thoughts.

dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#139041 - 01/23/08 07:47 PM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: dancer9]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Oh Samba Samba Cuba! I heard that Cubans are one of the most hospitable folks on this planet. I'd love you to post pictures again Eagle. like from your trip to Europe.
Hopefully the climate change will put a stop to those nasty germs. Adios Amiga!

#139042 - 01/23/08 10:52 PM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Edelweiss]
Eagle Heart Offline

Muchas Gracias, Hannelore - I'm also looking forward to brushing up on my Spanish. I've got three books to help; our SIL and I are also talking about hiring a tutor to come in and teach us for an hour or so a day.

I do have pictures from our trip two years ago...I posted the link here way back then. But here it is again, if anyone's interested. This is where we're heading.

http://ca.geocities.com/eagleborntofly@rogers.com/Cuba/index.html

(Maya Angelou)

#139043 - 01/23/08 11:38 PM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Eagle Heart]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Eagle you and your family are truely blessed by helping your Cuban family. This is the first time I knew about your pictures and family. What a wonderful thing for you to do. The people and story tears at my heart. We, Americans, are so unaware just how much we truly have. God Bless you dear one.

I am praying for you that your illness will be gone and you thoroughly enjoy your trip.
www.tidedancer.com

#139044 - 01/30/08 03:06 PM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Sandpiper]
Songbird Offline

Dear Eagle: I pray you have a blessed trip and enjoy the tropical weather while you bless others with your love, compassion and caring. Have fun and remain safe! Hasta pronto, amiga!
NABBW & NAWW

#139045 - 01/30/08 03:14 PM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Songbird]
Eagle Heart Offline

Songbird,
Muchas gracias...it means so much that you remembered! Thank you, for your prayers and your kind thoughtfulness. You know that I carry you and my BWS sisters in my heart-prayers everywhere I go. I usually have a quiet prayer time early every morning by the pool, before anyone else gets there, and lift up my loved ones, by name. So even if I can't be here to read the concerns and needs, I will still not forget you in those morning prayers.

Gracias, amiga...nos vemos mas tardes! (my Spanish is rusty, hope that was correct)

(Maya Angelou)

#139046 - 01/30/08 03:19 PM Re: Ongoing Illness [Re: Eagle Heart]
Songbird Offline

Eagle: Your Spanish is good! Are you traveling already? I had no idea you knew some Spanish! Congratulations!!!! It makes my heart sing!

Let me tell you that I am very touched by what you are doing. May the Lord bless you and keep you in His loving arms each and every day! ¡Dios te bendiga siempre!
NABBW & NAWW

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved