The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 93 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#138547 - 01/27/08 11:05 PM Re: Becoming a MIL [Re: Dee]
QBall101 Offline

OK-OK it hasn't gone yet. LOL We're going on Saturday the 1st of Febuary. Do you want to hear about yesterday, the 26th? 1 word - Dull. But, I'm so excited about the 1st. I'm to meet up with DIL, her mom, 3 or 4 maids (I can't remember) and the 2 flower girls at noon appx an hour from here. Then we'll go another hour on to the bridal shop and Shop. I will let you know how it goes. Finally we'll have a wedding color choosen & know what the girls will be wearing. Her Mom and I are waiting till last to pick our attire. Naturally having read the P & Q's, I am letting the brides mother choose her outfit 1st. But, I do have my eye on a snazzy ladies tux, it's really pretty.
Lastly, IF the weather premits I may stay in Branson alone that night after our shopping trip to unwind and relax, rather than stay out all day and drive home late. I'm scouting rooms w/ a jaquzzi & packing my bubbles!

#138548 - 01/27/08 11:14 PM Re: Becoming a MIL [Re: QBall101]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh my QBall, jazuzzi and bubbles, what a treat. BUT show cautioin when dumping in the bubbles, been there, done that, flooded the place with overflowing bubbles...What a mess, my ex is still teasing me about that one...

Hey Dee, so glad to be in a class with you my friend. Makes being crazy something to strive for, LOL!!!

Edited by chatty lady (01/27/08 11:17 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#138549 - 01/28/08 02:41 AM Re: Becoming a MIL [Re: chatty lady]
QBall101 Offline

Thank You Chatty,
I was wondering about that...I had planned on using caution. My experience was putting regular dish soap in the dishwasher, you know fill the whole cup with the liquid. LOL I felt like one of the Little Rascals.

#138550 - 01/28/08 10:40 AM Re: Becoming a MIL [Re: QBall101]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oh, tooooo funny! I did that also....in my last house I had a jacuzzi tub and put a little bubble bath in it on day...the mistake was that I turned on the jets and filled the entire room with bubbles. My (then) husband came in to see what was happening and he couldn't find me, but he sure could hear me!!! I still smile when I think of that scene...and a lesson well learned!

#138551 - 01/28/08 12:51 PM Re: Becoming a MIL [Re: ladyjane]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chatty...onery to the end!!!!

Qball...can't wait to hear details.

#138552 - 01/28/08 02:42 PM Re: Becoming a MIL [Re: Dee]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
No zingers. Never comment when the couple disagree. Never act jealous at what they own. Never give dirty looks, even when you think they don't see it. And if they knock themselves out doing you a favor, make sure they know it's appreciated. Oh, and don't take over their house like you own it. These are just a few things that bug the heck out me about my MIL. And she's a nice lady.

#138553 - 01/29/08 02:58 AM Re: Becoming a MIL [Re: jabber]
QBall101 Offline

Thanks Jabber,
Those are some Fantastic new ones to keep in mind with all the other great advice/tips. Years from now if she ever tells me what a good MIL I am..I'll have to tell her I was well coached by all my Boomer Sisters.

#138554 - 02/01/08 09:11 PM Re: Becoming a MIL [Re: QBall101]
QBall101 Offline

I DID IT! Booked a room for the 2nd in Branson! King suite w/ the jacuzzi! If you see Breaking News of a woman in the Ozarks smoothered by her own bubble bath, LOL that would be me. I got my dates mixed up above,, & said it was the 1st. Guess I'm in a hurry to enjoy some real down time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved