The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 101 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#137240 - 01/15/08 12:50 AM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: QBall101]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
QBall,
It's funny you should say what you did about strength! I am very small boned and not very strong at all. I am fragile and in fact, one of my son's gave me an engraved medical bracelet that said, "Fragile," on the front! I can stand next to a woman my height and she seems to dwarf me! My bones are SO small that I feel like women my size can pick me up and break me!
Here I am a World class dancer, so they say, and I'm a weakling, I'm the first to admit it! I make up for it with my verbage! LOL

dancer

"Question your privilege"

#137241 - 01/15/08 08:49 AM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: dancer9]
Mountain Ash Offline

Dancer
you wonderful person.seeing the positive.That your injury "put you on the computer"
For me it was that my daughter took me to a health spa.A one of where the spiritual was attended to.and water took a big part.Both deinking it and in therapy pool.It was there Imet t physio who did and still does accupuncture.I continued to visit for eight years.ay sneeked in to my life and a week at a time.
So making the injury into a positive is a step in a good direction.
Are the forum is blessed with you dancer.
Mountain ash

#137242 - 01/15/08 03:54 PM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Foot in mouth, disease...

#137243 - 01/15/08 04:00 PM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: dancer9]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dancer,
I worked 10 years at a company, where the owners expected their employees to dress up. I wore high heels for 9 hours a day. Then I retired and wore sandals, sightseeing on vacations. I believe, the drastic change caused fallen arches, and consequently, intense pain. It's better now.
Upstate NY doesn't have the winters we used to have. This year, we've only had two days in the teens. The rest of the time, it has been twenties and thirties. And we've had little snow. I love it!

#137244 - 01/15/08 07:25 PM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Thank you so much, Moutain Ash.
I've not been on a computer long as most so it means a lot
to know I am welcome here and I feel good about everyone here as well.
And your writing is splendid, do you feel like writing another descriptive piece?
dancer

#137245 - 01/15/08 07:35 PM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: jabber]
dancer9 Offline

bonnierose,
That is hard on the feet and legs! I had surgery on my feet three times! I dance in bare feet but wear heels. When you dance on your toes it can do the same number on your legs and feet as heels all day so I know how it must have felt.

I finally went off pointe (dancing on my toes,) when I literally started to POP veins in my legs while on pointe!
It was a disaster, all of the sudden I would pop a big purple vein and it would spread like a bruise and scare everyone!

How are your legs and feet?

dancer9

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved