The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#137230 - 01/12/08 05:40 PM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I wanted to add, Mountain Ash, that I have several TENS machines too but they have never worked for me!
Do you set yours low or high?
Do you leave yours on a lot or only when you need it?

Thanks,
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#137231 - 01/12/08 06:20 PM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: dancer9]
QBall101 Offline

Gosh Ya'll,
We've got some serious goings ons here. I don't have any disabilities. But, I do have limitations, since I've had a severey broken ankle and a liver TX. I wasn't expected to walk right ever again or live (all within the time span of 5 years). But, I walk fine and I'm alive. Plus, I can't take anything worth popping for pain. So, I adopted the mindset that "Pain is 100% proof that I'm alive". when something hurts, it just has to hurt, "use it or loose it", so I will not give into my discomforts. I've found the more I do the better I feel and the more tired I get the better I sleep. OH, and that other thing, the "Vertically Challenged", got that too...5'2" LOL Now that, is a challenge..but I enjoy shopping for pretty step stools to have handy around the house.
QBall

#137232 - 01/12/08 08:18 PM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: QBall101]
Mountain Ash Offline

dancer
I use the tens machine setting it until it "hits the spot" I bathe and wear loose clothing in the early evening.I have accupuncture from a splendid phsio and work on keeping this stable.
Mountain ash

#137233 - 01/13/08 12:11 AM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: QBall101]
dancer9 Offline

Q Ball, A true confession: I have spent a life wanting to be short and blonde and cute instead of being tall, dark haired and "exotic," or "beautiful."
I am only now being called "cute," as I get older from time to time.
Still, the people say, "that is one beautiful woman," not "she is so cute!
I wanted to be cute so very badly!
It wasn't in the cards!
dancer 9

#137234 - 01/13/08 12:27 AM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

All are good ideas, Mountain Ash. You are reminding me of things I need to be doing to stay better off with my pain! I think I will rescedule my acupuncture and my massages!
Thanks for reminding me to be better to myself!
dancer

#137235 - 01/13/08 05:43 PM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: dancer9]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Mountain Ash, please don't consider this prying, but can you share the horseplay story? And, the part from Psalms that helped you?
I am so sorry that the actions of another caused you such pain, but physically and in regards to your career choice.
You are a remarkable woman... you do know that, right?

#137236 - 01/13/08 08:10 PM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: gims]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
LJ, I don't know anyone who rakes and shovels the roof, with or without some disabilities from stroke. BR, why did you have the pain in your feet? And how does anyone walk 4 miles a day in upstate NY? It can get mighty cold there! I can't get in 1.5 - 3 here due to cold & snow. Or that is my excuse. Snow, wind, rain, sun....MA, you have such a good attitude about life and lessons, and lessons in life. QB, what is liver TX? toxicity? WS, yes, Depokote made me fat and stupid, and did nothing to relieve migraines. I believe I would benefit from regular massage.

#137237 - 01/14/08 02:49 AM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: Princess Lenora]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Wow, dancer. Thanks for the details on your neck related injuries. Scary.

I personally knew 3 people who were disabled from childhood, 2 from polio and the 3rd from birth where she is considered officially blind...and hence, genuinely can't drive, ride a bike, etc. I also worked in a hospital for spinal cord injured adults who were bound to wheelchairs --for life. So I can appreciate dancer, the near-miracle that your spine was not injured permanently.

so I consider my minor problem with wearing customized orthotics for past 15 years very minor. I do have wear them often enough or I get foot pain within 15 min. of walking.

I go for many hrs. on snowshoeing, hiking and xcountry skiing. I do wear them on bike also.

#137238 - 01/14/08 03:49 AM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: orchid]
QBall101 Offline

Princess,
Liver TX, is Liver Transplant...sorry bout the TX, it's a common abbv among we liver folks. LOL
Dancer,
You seem to be a tall gal that is proud to be tall. So many tall women/girls don't stand up straight for fear of being too tall.I rather like being petite w/ dark blonde hair. It's fun to shock people with physical strenght of a much larger person. Plus, I think smaller women can pass off that 'ooops child like innocense when we goof up' w/ such ease. So, handy..LOL
Sincerely from my heart, If prayers & wishes could take away the pain from each of you, it would be gone. Because I Pray it eases for you and wish for the answers that would find you in total comfort.
QBall

#137239 - 01/15/08 12:32 AM Re: My Disability ~ do you have one? [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

It's been quite a ride, Orchid. The damage, the drama, the trauma!
I appreciate your post. I did not really bother to post what happened to me but I'm not sure why. I do have the disablity and am getting used to it daily.

Because I can no longer dance all day and stay on the move, I found computers, and forums. This is why I am pleased to have found everyone here. I can sit, (although I am not to sit or stand for more than 30 min. at a time.) and write to some women who have a lot going for them and whom I can relate to when I am not on the move.

My injury put me on the computer for the first time!

dancer

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved