The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#136879 - 01/17/08 01:51 PM Re: Nest emptying again [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gimster, you are so blessed to have kids in the same town. That's awesome. Many boomers have family stretched all over the country. I'd love to see photos of all those grandkids.

#136880 - 01/17/08 01:54 PM Re: Nest emptying again
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Funny you should mention it... I didn't get my annual pic of the two groups this year.
hmmmm, I don't think the girls were expecting a call from me today, but...

#136881 - 01/19/08 08:32 PM Re: Nest emptying again [Re: gims]
QBall101 Offline

Dotsie you are so right the focus should be on the positive. I do feel so very blessed that the boys live so close we can all be together within an hour if need be or want to. I enjoy our frequent visits even when brief. The boys will be here Wednesday, due to the wedding we're inheriting son's smallest big screen tv, plus storing some household things until our son & DIL2B's home purchase closes. Poor boys, little do they know Momma's got some more furniture moving in store for them too. LOL but, I'll feed 'em good. I'm at the point now the 'lonesomes' only last a few minutes after theyare gone. Then I'm fine with the peace and quiet again. WE do talk often and text some too + e-mail. So we are in contact more than just face to face visits.
Grimster, your family sounds so wonderful, with the girls so close and 7 grands WOW! What fun!

#136882 - 01/20/08 06:57 PM Re: Nest emptying again [Re: QBall101]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

gimster, I didn't get a family photo this year either. I'm so bummed. Now I have to wait until we're all together at Easter.

QBall, you'll have to tell us more about the wedding. When is it?

#136883 - 02/01/08 09:01 PM Re: Nest emptying again
QBall101 Offline

Dotsie,
The wedding is 5/24/08. both families are very excited and get along so well. Her parents came for Thanksgiving & got to meet the last remaining gandparent on our side of the family. Tomorrow's the big day to go pickout bridesmaid/flower & mothers dresses. It's so wonderful to have another woman in the family, MIL is here some. But, day to day visits it's always been 3 men and me. LOL Now there's another girl in the nest.

#136884 - 02/02/08 02:45 AM Re: Nest emptying again [Re: QBall101]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

That will be here before you know it.

Have fun picking out gowns. Do you have a style and color in mind for yourself?

One of my friend's daughter just get married. My friend wore this lovely navy, fairly fitted dress that was off both shoulders and had a little, navy ruffle around the neckline. Very classic. She wore her hair up. She looked gorgeous.

Looking forward to hearing about tomorrow.

#136885 - 02/15/08 02:42 PM Re: Nest emptying again
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I know the feeling-each time one comes and leaves again, it's a loss. But I try to focus on the purpose of it. It's still hard to see him go.

I have two of my three sons at home. The oldest, away in school, stopped by about a week or so ago. He was on his way to a business meeting taking place about an hour from home, so he stopped by for 10 minutes. He was unable to come home for Christmas, so I cherished those few minutes!
NABBW & NAWW

#136886 - 02/15/08 10:32 PM Re: Nest emptying again [Re: Songbird]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Didn't get home for Christmas? That must have been hard. I know it happens all the time, but I can't imagine it at this stage of my life.

Glad you got to see him when he was in the area...

#136887 - 02/16/08 12:01 AM Re: Nest emptying again [Re: gims]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I have a 16-yr old I'd be glad to share with anyone missing their child right now! Honest, you can have him... that is if you can get him out of bed to go with you. Aaaarrrgggh!

#136888 - 02/16/08 08:37 AM Re: Nest emptying again [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Haha. Kathy. Been there....and don't want to go back for anything in the world.
Fast forward...Now that horrible stubborn teenager is a top manager (29 years old) in the largest industrial real-estate company in Germany. He gets up,...rather he leaps out of bed at 6:00 AM. and usually goes to bed around 9PM. If you had asked me then; I would have bet my life that nothing could ever drag him out of the feathers.
The only way I got him out of bed in the morning was to sprinkle ice cold water over his face. Brutal…but it worked…heh heh.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved