The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#136831 - 01/10/08 01:49 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
glessmom Offline

Loc: WI
Hey Ladyjane - I can totally relate to that! Whenever my DH takes an interest in something - he has to go out and get ALL the stuff for it - which occupies him for a month or 2 - and then it sits and rots forever - because it can't be sold a a garage sale - heaven forbid - that's all "Good Stuff"!

There was gardening - and horseshoes (still have the defunct pits in the backyard) - and bowling and golf ...and... and. If I start thinking about all of them, my blood pressure will boil! LOL

It would not be so bad if we could SELL the remains - but no - we have to find a place to STORE them - so that our lucky kids can throw them in the trash when we are gone!

Edited by glessmom (01/10/08 01:50 PM)

www.ugomom.com

#136832 - 01/10/08 02:24 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: glessmom]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Linda,
I'm so glad that someone can relate! The phases he goes through and then quickly gets over are too numerous just in the time I've known him. I usually can take things in stride and not make a big deal out of it but this one just comes at a strange time and I don't get it!

#136834 - 01/10/08 08:28 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Anne3, that call from him ROCKS! Congrats!
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#136835 - 01/11/08 12:45 AM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Lady Jane,
I'm going to be a weird one here, but I understand him! You know how you just can't WAIT to try a make up product? Or you fall in LOVE with a piece of clothing? How about how you HAVE to have your hair look ok for that party? It's what makes you a woman and how you feel, well, "girly!"

Well, men have their things that make them feel "boyey!" They need things that tap the little boy in them and make them remember times when they were stronger or in a job that might have been more challanging!

My husband is a retired sniper, who worked for the Navy, the Coast Gaurd, and the DEA. He is used to being on HIGH alert and missing NOTHING. He is a man who sees a crime taking place in our neighborhood and "speaks police," to help them aprehend the suspects! I kid you not, he finds crimes taking place like I spot a fine frock! The people who live around us ask for his help and he can find their stolen car and who stole it!

To do this, he has toys he does not really need. He has HIGH powered flashlights, not one, but one in the living room, the car, the upstairs bedroom, and another room in our home! ALL of them are professional and NEVER will they need to be used but he needs them! They make him feel ready! He hates video games, and deplores men who play them yet he secretly plays ONE, one for law enforcement!
And he HAD to have that game, let me tell you, it would not wait a day when a detective told him about it!
You see? It makes them feel like MEN! LOL.

It's cute and funny and in my case, I can be found no matter where I go, even Honduras! In your case, well, no evil helicopter will EVER attack at YOUR house, right?

LOL, I get it.

dancer

#136836 - 01/11/08 11:02 AM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

Yeah, me too. I caved in last night....we're going for the double helicopters with the lasers to shoot each other down. He stared at this thing online again...watched a youtube version and gazed at it without blinking just like a little boy. He flew one in Vietnam and after. It's in his blood. I gave him my blessing which was all he was looking for. Sometimes I guess I can be TOO practical. So guess what I'll be doing tonight?

#136837 - 01/11/08 05:16 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Ahh...Mr.Chick has had a 'copter for over 3 months now. We send our grandson one "cause they are so cool". It sits on the end table and every now and then he starts it up and flys it all around the room. I think it's cute. He had a pilot's license once so I guess this is as close as he can get right now. Boomer men have much in common too it seems.

#136838 - 01/11/08 05:38 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: chickadee]
ladyjane Offline

Yes, Chick, I think you're right....especially if there's any pilot stuff going on in the past or present...they just love anything with an engine. He's also a railroad fanatic. He has this beautiful train set but hasn't been able to put it up anywhere since he moved here 6 years ago. He looks so sad when he speaks of it. I just find it kinda comical to see him so obsessed...or possessed. They actually have all day shows where you go and stand and watch every imaginable engine run. Um, I think I'd draw the line there!

#136839 - 01/11/08 05:40 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: chickadee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
So LJ, how was the helicopter battle?

Ladies, the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. Have you heard that one?

My hubby is a car fanatic. He has some sporty BMW convertible that he gets such a pleasure driving. Even though he is not the flashy type by any means, he still loves his cars.

The helicopter thing makes me laugh. A friend of his gave him a remote helicopter for Christmas. Hubby and two sons had fun flying it Christmas day until it crashed. Fortunately, the friend who gave it to him got a warranty. Can you imagine selling a warranty with a remote flying toy. We couldn't believe it. It was from Brookstone and the funny thing is, we returned it and they are way back ordered. I guess they are crashed. What would you expect?

#136840 - 01/11/08 06:14 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Your a love, Lady Jane, Happy Helicoptering!
OH what we will do for those we love!
I didn't know you had to PLAY too!
dancer 9 impressed

#136841 - 01/11/08 06:19 PM Re: Husbands who don't listen! [Re: ladyjane]
glessmom Offline

Loc: WI
Let's see, Ladyjane --- UMMMM - hoping you can shoot your laser more accutately and faster than your husband can?????? Good luck! LOL

www.ugomom.com

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved