The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 61 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#136696 - 01/08/08 03:51 AM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: katebcca]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Theres an old boring quotation: "Dammed if I do, and damned if I don't...well its true, so you do whatever makes you feel best.
Good luck with the Real Estate, its got a lot of "hidden expenses" to new agents, so educate yourself thoroughly before committing, or leaving your other job.

Edited by chatty lady (01/08/08 03:53 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#136697 - 01/08/08 03:57 AM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
My new agent expenses came to $8,000.oo in 2007. And I'm not even new, just new to this state. of mind.

#136698 - 01/08/08 07:33 AM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: Princess Lenora]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
katebecca, I also just received your Christmas card. Canada to Texas - what a trip... THANKS! so much glitter..I had it all over me AND I sparkled too!

I am so with the karma/the universe/my protector thing - no matter whose contacts they are, you are being tested. Good attitude reigns supreme... I once had a similar situation, but in the accounting field. I was responsible for four disbursement accounts for an international company. The accounts were multi-million dollar accounts. When I first working in this particular accounting department, I knew NOTHING about what I was doing. I struggled, and I must note, struggled badly. I didn't think I would EVER conquer the tasks before me, not to mention meeting the accounting deadlines each month, quarter and year. But, finally, it all fell into place and I was called upon to handle more accounts, some of which had been neglected and messed up terribly for years. I whipped them into shape with my newly learned preciseness (I prided myself on balancing the accounts to the penny). Well, about two years into my department stay, it was split by the corp. powers that be. I was placed under a ghoul of a manager, who had a drunkard as a lead placed over me. I gave them h***. After having to train several supervisors before, I was displeased to say the least, because I had done the slaving and could have an account balanced, my journal entries finalized and be helping someone else on their work before month end was even to be thought about. THEN, of all the THINGS, my new managers wanted me to show my lead, plus the counter lead how I was able to master the accounts in such a way that I had time in my month to spare. The manager had us sit in a small room (the 3 of us around a single table) and I innocently started showing them the tricks of my system. Then on the second day, we gathered and I picked up where we'd left off the prior day... from no understandable reason, my words froze in my throat and I refused to continue. I walked out of the room without explanation and never returned. They couldn't let me go. I had done nothing wrong. I was doing my job. But, I have to say, I think karma/the universe/my protector protected me. I was doing as I had been told, in a pleasant and business acceptable way. The thing is SOMETHING stepped in and protected me.
I was never hurt by this. When the company sold to an even bigger company, I was commissioned (and housed) to go to the new office (in another city) and train the employees who took on my accounts... which turned out to be three people. Note: I am not blowing my horn. I'm just giving you an idea of what cooperation might do for you. And, what karma/the universe/my protector might have to throw in to the mix.

#136699 - 01/08/08 06:59 PM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: gims]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Gimster, I always try to take the high road, the problem is I I don't like it when people/companies use employees or take advantage of them. My companies philosophy goes against my grain. Give as little as possible and take as much as possible. But, the business world is not often a pretty place.

As for the real estate expenses, I am aware of them. That is why I am choosing to keep my current position, so I have money coming in while so much of it is going out. I have a boyfriend who has been in real estate for over 20 years and he is helping me go into this with my eyes wide open. Also my course gives us a list of expenses. I'm not sure how things are going to work out. I do know that I need to have something on the back burner and as I have been in sales for many years, I thought I'd give real estate a try.

The city that I live in has only low paying jobs (it's a tourist destination). You have to be self employed to make any money.

Kate

#136700 - 02/22/08 02:06 AM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: katebcca]
katebcca Offline

My boss had another talk with me. They are doing this in stages which makes me think that they are doing something wrong.

Now that they have hired the new guy they told me today that they are taking my territory away. The territory that I have built up for over 8 years.

I am only allowed to sell in western Canada, and he has all of the east. They won't take my current clients away but anything new, he gets.

Of course I am very unhappy with this and feel that they are doing something very unethical. I am trying to see it from their point of view but really it just stinks.

I'm going to contact the gov't to see what the rules are for commissioned sales people and territories. I just think they are doing this in a way that is very underhanded.
Kate

#136701 - 02/22/08 09:31 AM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: katebcca]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sure sounds like that to me too kate...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#136702 - 02/22/08 09:54 AM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

Kate
I view this as a feminist issue.You worked hard and achieved.This is being taken from you.Along with the recognition of your hard work.
Many women scientists worked on projects and very few were awarded a Noble prize.
This is coming at time when you are concerned both about your son and dedicating yourself to your other children..
But in this life things often are worked ou at a "higher level" and your day will come where you could tell things ae they are.
I have worked with buffoons who disregarded Womens' ability...in particular in special education when one male lecturer asked if a girl "A" had a touch of Downs' There was no answer to that but he brazened his post out and patronised our students..
Look to the future but know we all care that you are treated fairly.
MA

#136703 - 02/22/08 04:56 PM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: Mountain Ash]
katebcca Offline

It may be a feminist issue, but it is also an ethical issue. Also employee issue.

I know that if I quit, they can divide up the territory, but I am not sure that they can while they are all my accounts as I have had them for eight years.

It's just a job, I'm aware but they are very underhanded. I do plan to leave as soon as the time is right for me as this company does not have my best interests in mind. They don't care anything about their employees and fire people all the time. They have also been sued by employees in the past for not being paid overtime, wrongful dismissal etc.

So far I am doing nothing wrong so they can't fire me.

I'll let you know what I find out at the Labour Board and if there is anything I can do about this to protect myself. It's worth a try and it's always a good idea to be informed about your rights.
Kate

#136704 - 02/22/08 06:18 PM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: katebcca]
Mountain Ash Offline

Protecting yourself is the way to go.Logging everything too.
Keep strong.
MA

#136706 - 02/22/08 07:19 PM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Boy, don’t you just wish you would make sales like never before, make them eat out of your hands…and then quit.
AND THEN....have them beg for you to come back.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved