The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#136707 - 02/22/08 07:51 PM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: Edelweiss]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Hi Everyone,
After going for a nice long walk and a coffee, it's nice and sunny today, I have decided that I do not look out for number 1.

I am far too loyal to a company that does not value employee loyalty. I also expect others to treat me as I treat them and that is not the case with this company.

As I am currently working towards my real estate license I am going to take advantage of having more time on my hands. If they are going to take away my territory and give me less, than I will give them less in the way of hours at the office. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot and make less sales. But, I can sell just as well from home and study at the same time. I have one final exam left.

My company can't find my contract and it actually doesn't say anything about hours at the office anyway.

If they bug me to get the sales up I will suggest to them that they call on the new sales person and bug him.

I am lucky that I have someone backing me who is already in real estate and the market is strong here. He has over 20 years of experience and will help me to get started.

When I start to make some sales then I will quit but not before. I will look out for #1 as it should be, not my companies interests. It's too bad, but they value the almighty dollar over employee loyalty and that is why they are such a mis-managed company. People quit on a regular basis, it's like a revolving door at our head office. I work in a small office in another city or I would have quit by now too.

I did call a lawyer and the labour board and I could quit now and go after them for severance as they are reducing my income, but that may cause me some problems in the future. No point in burning any bridges.

I will just work smart and enjoy more freedom to persue another career. I took today off and don't feel the least bit guilty.

thanks for all of your comments and of course concern.
Kate

#136708 - 02/24/08 12:15 AM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: katebcca]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Never, give up believing in your own good skills, kate. Never.

#136709 - 02/24/08 05:27 PM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: orchid]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Kate, you sound very intelligent and have sound, analytical thinking to back you...no wonder you are a top seller for them.

I don't know of a company that doesn't put the almight dollar first. That is business; however, there ARE companies that don't do it at the expense of their employees...like the company you are referring to. There is such a thing as ethics, and it doesn't sound like this company is very ethical, at all.

You are smart to look out for yourself. If you aren't living your life, who is?

To me, your plan for the future sounds as if it could be very stable and have a good, solid foundation. I'm glad you haven't done what some would have done---a knee-jerk emotional reaction and quit. Instead, you were wise enough to see that you needed to position yourself first! Bravo!

#136710 - 02/24/08 07:22 PM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
You have a great balance between risk taking and thoughtful. Congratualtions on your decision to look out for numero uno.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#136711 - 02/25/08 12:45 AM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: Anno]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Sounds like you have a good plan... don't forget to formulate plan B...good luck.

#136712 - 02/27/08 08:12 PM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: gims]
katebcca Offline

I have and am taking the entire week off from work. I am staying home and cleaning my house. It appears that my employers have given me a gift. More time off. As I have been basically demoted I will look at the bright side. I am now a part time person and that is all I will give, a part time effort.

I do have a plan 'B', another career. I have been told by many that business is not always fair. I'm not going to cry in my soup and feel hurt because I am female and over 50.

I am glad that I have had a plan 'B' for a while now as I saw the writing on the was over a year ago as my company goes through transition periods and staff on a regular basis.

My motto is have a plan 'B' for every aspect of your life. This doesn't mean you will escape the stress, it just means you will get over it faster. And I am now over it. Time to move on.

Thanks everyone.
Kate

#136713 - 02/27/08 10:10 PM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: katebcca]
Mountain Ash Offline

A young woman I know has no Plan B. She is a beautiful being(a model part time) a lovely person but never has a fall back plan.The concept escapes her.
Some of my and my families best decisions have been made after changing track..
Have a happy time being part time
MA

#136714 - 02/27/08 10:26 PM Re: Question: current job issue [Re: Mountain Ash]
katebcca Offline

I never used to have a plan "B" age has taught me this. My eldest son flys by the seat of his pants, never has a plan "B" although I have suggested it to him many times.
I've also gone over this with my youngest two.

We all need a fall back plan.
Kate

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved