The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#136524 - 01/06/08 06:45 PM Re: Skin care [Re: Di]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Thanks Di, going there...
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#136525 - 01/06/08 06:50 PM Re: Skin care [Re: Di]
dancer9 Offline

Di,
What great sites! I must enjoy them with more time but the soaps are so great for this area where I live, (Arizona,) and so very well priced! You may count on me as a customer, certainly! I love the patterns, and I have friends who would adore them as they decorate their homes in a Southwest style! Again, your prices are reasonable and your product is great. I did not look deeply into your site yet but will it tell me what container your shea butter is packaged in? I hope so!

As to your other site, and being the sister of a women who was all but destroyed by not being able to have a child, it is needed and the forum in beautiful. I know a bit about sites because a great friend of mine has a Masters in computers and builds sites for a living! He has built many forums and yours is great.
I will recommend your site, certainly for women I know and I KNOW people who will want the products on your other site!

Thank you for showing it to me. I've not been here long and did not investigate everyone completely before I started posting. I'm sorry I did not know about your sites earlier!

A wonderful discovery! You will see my order, no doubt!
dancer

#136526 - 01/06/08 07:32 PM Re: Skin care [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
D9, it is fun to "investigate" our sites. I've been on BWS for years, and still have not visited all sites. Di, I too wondered what container the shea butter was in? I would buy if I could buy something. One thing here is that I trust the people, products, and services. I think it's good to remind us what's good for us, and who has what! L, PL

#136527 - 01/08/08 02:26 AM Re: Skin care [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dancer, Please tell me about retin a. Do you need an RX for that? Also, do you know how it compares to using the Arbonne line at this link?

https://www.arbonne.com/shop_online/showCatalog.asp?category=69

If you use retin a, do you have to use other products too?

Also, what is a good make-up remover?

Thanks so mcuh for everything. I love being able to ask an expert these questions!

#136528 - 01/08/08 02:42 AM Re: Skin care
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie, 15-20 years ago I used retin A. It was easy for me to get a perscription because I was in my thirties and still battling acne, one of the uses for RA. I used the careful procedures you must use before applying this product. You must use sunscreen. The results are fantastic. I can't say that I saw a difference in wrinkles (what a bad deal, wrinkles and acne at the same time) but overall my skin improved, becoming smoother, with less obvious pores. I paid $40.00 per tube, a LOT of money. My friend who got the same tube got it in Mexico without a script for hardly any money. I was a property manager. I would have residents come in to pay the rent, and they would say, "What gorgeous skin you have?" Wow, how far I came on accutane and retin A. You have to use mild products to wash your skin, you have to wait at least 20 minutes after washing to apply the retin A. Otherwise you get rashes. I hope Dancer comes back to tell more because my information may be old. L

Edited by Princess Lenora (01/08/08 02:47 AM)

#136529 - 01/08/08 05:06 PM Re: Skin care
dancer9 Offline

Hi Dotsie!
Below is a book on Retin-A, Ha!
Most of us have been sent to a dermatologist so many times that we don't use the product lines like you provided a link for. There are many like that, and they claim to put vitamens, or other things into your skin. The trouble is that they cannot put anything INTO your skin from the outside, they can only put something on the outer layer of your skin.
We use Retin-A or Renova, it's improved sister product because it works. Those products need a perscription. Retin-A was originally for acne but it was found to peel the outer layer of skin off and by doing that, it gets rid of discolorations and red spots as well as small wrinkles. It's like a peel in a derm's office but lighter. Renova is the same thing but with a bit of moisterizer and it was made after Retin-A was such a hit for wrinkles and such. Renova is prescribed for discolorations and light wrinkling, etc... No, there are no products like them. When you use the product your face will peel. If you make it through the peeling process, underneath there will be new skin and it looks so good, it's milky and creamy and the pores are reduced. After the peeling process, most of us use it 2 or so times a week at night to keep the glowing look and keep our skin clear. If your skin get's blotchy again or if you feel like you need a peel again, you apply it nightly as before and do a peel again. When I say Peel, I don't mean sheets of skin peel off your face! What it produces is small pieces of dead skin you wash off in the morning and that does not last very long. I don't know anyone in the business that does not use it or uses it when they need it! It is (They are,) the only product available of their kind.

(remember that we use product from experience. We try everything or have a friend who has! We play and experiment!)

I promise you that your skin will be lovely.
No, you use no other product with them. You wash your face at night and when it is completely dry you apply the product lightly. If you want less peel, you can apply a light moisterizer first. You leave it on when you sleep, ( it is invisable,) and wash it off in the AM. There is a lot of hype around needing a SPF when you use it, but hopefully you already use a moisterizer with an SPF! You apply a moisterizer with an SPF and off you go! If you wear make up, you can double your SPF with a foundation that has one too, I do that because skin cancer runs in my family. (Bare Minerals does have an SPF.) Every night you repeat that process and again, slow it down if you think you don't want to peel as much.
I recommend that you do the peel process all the way through as it was intended. Many get afraid, (those out of the business,) of the peeling showing and stop using it. Or they stop using it as often. BUT if you let it peel that layer of skin off as was intended, again, you have beautiful skin.
Now I use the product every 3 days or so to keep my skin nice. I am told I have beautiful skin so it must work. My derm recommends me using it and I like it. I will use it every day if I see blotches or dark spots forming and let my face peel. It is a part of our routine like putting on a moisterizer! There is no need to fear it.

Make up removers should be bought as to what you like in a make up remover. The general routine for those I know is to use a make up remover if we use waterproof make up or mascara. If we are made up for a show or if we apply a lot of make up, we use a remover. If not, we use our facial cleanser to take off our make up. We don't use a toner because Retin-A or Renova takes care of that. The remover most of us have in our medicine cabinet is Lancome's. I use it because it feels right and is so easy. But, if you like a remover for another reason, that will do. I find, and my friends find, that those creamy ones, or cold cream, cause breakouts in our skin and our skin does not feel clean even if we use our cleanser afterwards.
If you would like actual products, I can help you there and tell you what is the most popular moisterizers amoung us, etc... Just let me know. Shampoo's and Conditioners make the rounds too and we discuss them. It's just something we pass along between each other. I use a moisterizer and cleanser that I prefer. I have a cleanser I like that comes from a company called Mario Badescu. This company is "hot," among my buddies right now. It makes several cleansers, one that will foam, one that is a bit thicker than that, and one that is a lotion. You can choose the one you would like to use. I have the moisterizer I prefer as well.

If you would like actual products that are popular, Dotsie, let me know! Also, let me know what your skin is like so I can help better.

If you are wondering whether or not to try Retin-A. or Renova, I'd say Renova unless you have oily skin. Oily skin is better with Retin-A. Again, they are both about the same and both need a prescription. If you buy your Retin-A from Canada as I do, it is less expensive, and believe it or not, we in the business don't like being ripped off either!

Whew! Hope that covers it, Dear Dotsie! Let me know if I can help further.

dancer9

#136530 - 01/14/08 07:34 PM Re: Skin care [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Another quick queston. And thanks for your excellent replies! I just love learning all this girly stuff! The peel scares me. Beleive it or not, the only time I've been to a dermatologist is to have an occasional mole checked. I've never been for my complexion.

Is RoC any good? I see it advertised everywhere. It's the RoC Retinol Correxion: Deep Wrinkle Serum. Do you know anything about this?

I know you say the RX stuff is best, but what do you think are the best over the coutner products?

I use Arbonne. Have you heard of, or do you like those products?

#136531 - 01/14/08 08:19 PM Re: Skin care
Mountain Ash Offline

Little me in Scotland ....all this advice is out of my reach...BOO HOO.
Mountain ash

#136532 - 01/14/08 08:36 PM Re: Skin care [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I can recommend Di's soaps. They last and last and last...I think they reproduce within themselves. And they feel good on the skin.

Dancer, I was born with a little double chin…which may have been cute when young and slender…but now it’s getting jowly. Oh yuck…it’s very hard to admit this…I’ve been in a big denial frame of mind. Oh well…I wonder if there is anything I can do…Are there any exercises to tighten up the skin under the chin?

My husband suggested twisting a bun on top of my head,…it might pull some skin upwards…but I just don’t have enough hair! Lol!

#136533 - 01/15/08 12:11 AM Re: Skin care [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I was looking at Di's website just this afternoon....I LOVE some of this stuff and need to make an order! I will feel closer to Di AND BWS just for doing it! How can you not use it or look at it without thinking nice thoughts?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved