The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#136486 - 01/04/08 12:52 AM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
thanks for the good vibes, Meredith. They are appreciated more than you know!
dancer, off to see the wizard soon

"Question your privilege"

#136487 - 01/04/08 12:56 AM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: dancer9]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
You're in my prayers, Dancer. So glad you and Lynnie found each other.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#136488 - 01/04/08 12:58 AM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: Saundra]
dancer9 Offline

Thank you so much Saundra. The support is great to have, it really is. I've not had it before. Your support is not in vain.
dancer

#136489 - 01/04/08 01:37 AM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: dancer9]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Dancer, I forgot to tell you about Air-borne for your cold. I buy it at Walgreen where it's called Wal-born, of course, for half the price. The secret ingredient is zinc. The first time I took it I felt better within hours. I know it will help you feel better.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#136490 - 01/04/08 01:44 AM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: Saundra]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Saundra, I am so glad we ALL found each other! Each of us has a lot in common with the others, and some parts of our lives are specific to a few. But we all have gone through so much to get where we are: Boomer Women! Yeah! Meredith, you have been through so much too, that I was a little surprised that you said you were "amazed." You amaze me with your prolific and varied creativity, and the strength you need to survive cancer, as well as those nasty awful ugly painful rotten no-good migraines. L, PL

#136491 - 01/04/08 03:44 AM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Princess Lenora, the problems we've lived through are the ones we know we can survive, because we did. For better or worse, you and I have similar experiences with cancer and migraines.

When I hear of someone else's pain -- I can feel the pain, but I haven't had their experience or developed those coping skills, so it can seem worse than what I've been through. Does that make any sense?

Poet and essayist

#136492 - 01/04/08 02:04 PM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: meredithbead]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
May God help us deal with mothers and mothers-in-law. WOW!
I understand some of your situation; my birth mom abandoned me when I was 25 months old. Yet I found her a few years ago and took care of her until she died. It isn't easy and God has to provide the strength to handle something like that!

#136493 - 01/04/08 05:24 PM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: dancer9]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Dancer, I, too am thinking of you, your cold and your mom. I forget, but why is your mom being forced into treating her illness?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#136494 - 01/04/08 07:08 PM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: Anno]
dancer9 Offline

Hi Anno,
I have a cold so I postponed seeing her for yet another day.
My mother has a disease that will kill her yet she is refusing medical care. She is mentally ill, shizophrenic, and although she has someone to take care of her trust, she is not a ward of the state.
Because of this, if she refuses medical care that is needed, she is taken to court and then forceably admitted into care that is needed. She must be taken to court again now, and this has happened time and time again! My mother has been too ill to be a "mother," since I was 13 and she hears "voices," that are usually God or Angels that tell her what to do. "God," told her not to get the needed treatment so she refused. I come from two wealthy and spoiled parents. If my mother does not want something she is used to getting her way and no one can convince her otherwise, or to go against "the voices."

I fear for her health so I am happy that they will take this to court but I've seen her taken into custody so many times and it's hard everytime.

She is 70 this year, and it is just sad that this is STILL the only route to go.

The woman will get an infection and at times, will let it go until the area is swollen and colored, almost black! It takes a court order to get her to take antibiotics in some cases!

She has called me, which is rare, and asked me to come by for a belated Christmas present and I know she is going to court but I cannot let on or she will go off. I will probably go tomorrow because I've had this awful cold for a few days!

Thank you for asking, Anno,
dancer9

#136495 - 01/04/08 07:13 PM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: Saundra]
dancer9 Offline

thank you, Saundra,
I sent my husband for it! You are kind!
dancer9

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved