The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#136423 - 01/20/08 06:10 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a _______ [Re: NYWoman]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
NYWoman, you ARE Ms America in your own right!!!!!! Love the avatar... absolutely love it!

#136424 - 01/20/08 06:28 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a _______ [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
NYWoman, that is great. I recall watching those pageants with my mom, siblings and anyone else who was with us that night. We actually used pens and papers and tried to see who could pick Miss America each year. Fun memories.

My problem as a kid was that I wanted to be so many different things. If we went to the ice show, I wanted to be a professional ice skater - a parade, I left wanting to be a majorette - a sporting event, a player or the coach. Boy was I easily convinced

#136425 - 01/21/08 06:05 AM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a _______
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I just strolled down the Micky Mouse website and my goodness what a wonderful trip. I was shocked about some of the direction lives took and sad about others...my favorite, Darlene, ended up in prison...good grief...and poor Karen ended up in a wheel chair...who would have thought. I'll go back and read more but thanks for the connection again. Ahhhhh....those were the good old days when kids were kids and not made to look like sex symbols at 12.

#136426 - 01/21/08 01:24 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a _______ [Re: Dee]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oh, I loved the beauty pageants as a kid. For years from age 6 or so and on, My three little neighborhood girlfriends and me would plan our pageant for days in the summer. The big day would come (in my basement...fresh flowers from the garden and all) where we'd all dress up and hold the gala event. A few neighborhood boys were the audience and udually bored to tears that we somehow made them sit there and put up with it. My dad still has a few photos of this in the family album and I'm going to retrieve one to post on here!

#136427 - 01/21/08 04:59 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a _______ [Re: ladyjane]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
LadyJ...that would so cool to see you at that age...and what fond memories you have....can't wait to see them. I bet you were adorable.

#136428 - 01/21/08 05:31 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a _______ [Re: Dee]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
hahahaha....I'm not sure adorable is the word! Oh and if I can fight with Dad and run from the house with more pics I'll bring a couple of me as a mascot majorette....the later pictures of that are too scary.

#136429 - 01/24/08 01:49 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a _______ [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
LJ, I recall putting on shows in our driveway. That's when my oldest sister organized them and had all the little neighborhood kids involved. What a hoot.

#136430 - 01/24/08 02:15 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a _______
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I only remember one time when we put on a show - I was about 8, and was staying overnight at a school friend's house. We organized this parade, there were about 15 of us, we all had "instruments" and marched around the entire neighborhood singing (at the top of our lungs) "76 Trombones". I love that memory, it was such glorious fun.

(Maya Angelou)

#136431 - 01/24/08 02:19 PM Re: When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a _______ [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dotsie, I was a lot like you...I wanted to do figure skating, tap dancing, baton twirling, be a majorette and play a gazillion different instruments...anything and everything!

(Maya Angelou)

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved