The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 80 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#136357 - 02/03/08 03:09 PM Re: Hello God [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I've noticed posts by other members indicating the heartache they've suffered. Ten years ago, none of us had this outlet. I'm grateful that we have it now. Just counting my blessings. I guess!

#136358 - 02/06/08 07:07 AM Re: Hello God [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I'm noting a blessing also. I let something go this morning. It didn't take the hurt away, but it calmed me.

My lower lip is covered with fever blisters. They pop up any time I'm under stress. Sunday morning was very stressful. I received a call from the facility at 4 A.M. My mom had tried to get out. The aide on duty wasn't doing her rounds. Two aides were on the front porch, sharing a smoke break. Mother's window faces that porch. They saw one leg come through the screen, which my mom had ripped open with her bare hands, then her head. One of them runs back intothe building to warn the hall's aide. They gave my mom a shot; WWIII broke out - she hates shots; Mother scratched the aide. The head nurse called me to come and sit with my mom until the drug could take effect. Come to find out, the med nurse hadn't given my mom her 4 o'clock meds or her 7 o'clock meds. One of my sisters had gone into the hospital for some tests & my b-n-l had gotten the message to my mom somehow (she has no phone). Mother was trying to get to my sister.
The facility sees her as a person who has Alz. escapee sypmtoms... she doesn't have any such thing... she was just simply trying to get to her baby as a caring mother would.
One page in the family chronicles.

#136359 - 02/08/08 06:57 PM Re: Hello God [Re: gims]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
gimster,
Some of those facilities are unbelievable. I've a friend in a facility. If they don't watch her, she doesn't take her meds. Then she goes off the deep end: hits everybody in sight, including me. Man she pounded on me one day like I was a punching bag. But I know it's because she has been so mentally abused, and feels so helpless, she doesn't know what else to do. I'm the only one that won't fight back.
I'm sorry you're going through all that but I do understand, how it is! Let's pray for each other!!!!

Last night on American Idol, the judges mentioned Dolly Parton in uplifting and favorable tones. That made me feel
good. Because Randy, Paula and Simon aren't always in complimentary moods. But their respect and admiration for Dolly showed. And I liked that.
Prayers and blessings...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved