The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#13608 - 06/29/06 08:40 PM Thunder and Rainbows
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
A huge crash of thunder just hurtled right over top of my house...and scared the pee right out of me! My heart's still pounding! I ran upstairs to see what had happened, because it sounded like two huge dump trucks had crashed, but it was only a flash thunderstorm...a few more crackles and it was gone and a beautiful rainbow danced across the sky right outside my window (as if God was apologizing for scaring the pee out of me like that!)

Then I stepped outside to check my mail box and the air was so deliciously fresh and smelled wonderful...partly because of the rain and partly because of the five rose bushes in full bloom out in my front yard right now - I guess the rain "woke" them up!

It was a rather glorious moment - and a delightful respite from the intolerable hot-humidity we've been experiencing here over the past couple of days. It was too lovely a moment to keep to myself.

PS to AvalonBlondi - smelling those roses out in my front garden reminded me of you...I haven't heard your voice lately...is everything okay?

[ June 29, 2006, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#13609 - 06/29/06 09:38 PM Re: Thunder and Rainbows
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Eagle, I just LOVE those moments when it almost feels like you are alone with God and the planet is renewed and energized! It's a brief moment but I know the feeling completely. Thanks for sharing it.

#13610 - 06/29/06 09:56 PM Re: Thunder and Rainbows
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Yikes, I know what you're talking about, Eagle Heart. Once we were on a vacation by the North Sea. The thunder storm broke out right over us.... I thought a bomb fell onto the building. I swear my imprint is still on the hotel ceiling, and a couple of claw marks to go along with it. Pour yourself a glass of wine for that pounding heart. It was pretty exciting being with you; live like that.

#13611 - 06/29/06 09:57 PM Re: Thunder and Rainbows
Eagle Heart Offline

Jackie, the only thing missing from my moment were your mountains! You must get some awesome God-moments with those mountains soaring right outside your windows!

#13612 - 06/29/06 10:06 PM Re: Thunder and Rainbows
Bluebird Offline

I never get tired of looking at the mountains here and during a thunderstorm, it is EXCITING!! I have never seen such big lightning bolts and they seem to stay in the sky for a long time.
I should also mention the bright, beautiful rainbows we get here, too. The night sky is wonderful, too, the stars look SO big and SO close.

Wish I could fly you here so we could sit on my front porch and gaze at the mountains, while the hummingbirds and bluebirds fly all around us!

[ June 29, 2006, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]

#13613 - 06/29/06 10:36 PM Re: Thunder and Rainbows
Eagle Heart Offline

What good is an eagle without wings (or at least air miles!) We're going to do that someday, Jackie, sit on your front porch and gaze at those mountains and talk the entire day and night away while hummingbirds and stars paint their way across our joy in being together.

What a glorious God-moment that will be, eh? I might have enough air miles by this time next year...maybe we could celebrate our next birthdays together??? That would be a lovely gift to give to ourselves, wouldn't it!

#13614 - 06/29/06 10:43 PM Re: Thunder and Rainbows
Bluebird Offline

I am a Bluebird w/o wings and air miles!! I guess birds of a feather do flock together.
I get chills thinking of us meeting and hanging out together, anywhere.
I can picture a big boomer get together, somewhere beautiful and inspiring. We book a whole bunch of rooms and each have a roommate! We dine, we sit by a pool, we go hiking and exploring. We sit and watch the sunset and glow in the moment!
Can you tell I'm at work with nothing to do but post and dream??

#13615 - 06/29/06 10:45 PM Re: Thunder and Rainbows
Eagle Heart Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Bluebird:
I can picture a big boomer get together, somewhere beautiful and inspiring. We book a whole bunch of rooms and each have a roommate! We dine, we sit by a pool, we go hiking and exploring. We sit and watch the sunset and glow in the moment!

Now there's a horizon I could yearn for!!

#13616 - 06/30/06 02:15 AM Re: Thunder and Rainbows
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Rainbows, mountains and Boomer babes, who could ask for more than that???

#13617 - 06/30/06 02:59 AM Re: Thunder and Rainbows
Bluebird Offline

Well I could...we need chocolate, too!
If you all want to come to my town, we have a store here that makes delicious chocolate and THE best caramels you've ever tasted! They will ship their products, too. If anyone is interested,go to: http://www.thechokecherrytree.com

Now don't let the names of some of the confections scare you - Elk Poop, Deer Droppings, etc. It's Colorado!! They are so scrumptious. Not cheap, but cheaper than Godiva.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved