The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 101 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#135463 - 12/22/07 03:18 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, sounds like you already have two big goals:

- Take great care of Anaiya
- Follow through on those two big contracts you probably worked very hard to get.

Those are awesome goals. And think about it: they probably will have nothing to do with your 2009 goals. By then Anaiya will be back with Mom and Dad and these two projects will be over.

I can't stand the thought of you not being here when I log on. Please stay in touch and visit often, maybe not as often, but often!

#135464 - 12/23/07 12:26 AM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Not to ignore the others, actually this pertains to all of you, my question for LJ is HOW are you going to stand up for yourself? Will you consider an assertiveness training class (on line perhaps) sometimes these days called "empowerment series." And Optimim, what exactly is the resource you are looking for? Setting boundaries on feeling responsible? I'm not sure I understood. I might have ideas. Gimster, HOW will you reduce your book collection? You can have a "store" on ebay and sell by subject and/or author of book. I have written articles about goal setting and I'm asking these questions as examples for all to think about. It's best to have fewer goals with more objectives. Ask yourself: who will do what by when?
Hannelore, I hope you will be by often. I enjoy your input. My marriage relationship goal is to be grateful more and complain less. How will I do this? I will focus on what I have to be grateful for every day, such as doing a gratitude journal. I have a paticular friend, and we have established a friendship bound by our ability to swap complaints about our respective marriages. We enable each other! I will set my boundaries that she can tell me whatever she wants, but I am not going to complain about my husband. I have other goals for 2008, for which I set the groundwork in 2007. I do want to know how to get closer to God.

#135465 - 12/23/07 03:52 AM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: Princess Lenora]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
At this moment we are in a hotel in the interior British Columbia, at the foot of mountains where we will go high to do some snowshoeing next day. And the tv is on a beautiful Christmas choral and orchestral special filmed in a 16th century church.

It seems so right to think high now...:)

I have enrolled a short acrylic brushstroke course next month. More like to liberate brush creativity in a freeflowing way.
I would like become better in facilitating discussions...an area have always a latent interest.
Though hard right now because of nature of job and commuting distance, would like to publish an article about certain things.
Stay healthy and continue to explore my world. Never lose my awe and wonderment for what I could possibly learn.

#135466 - 12/23/07 03:26 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

orchid, your goals suit you. I can see you facilitating discussions because you are so great at starting new threads. Get the connection?

I'm sure you can write and publish due to all the great words of wisdom you've already written at BWS.

Your weekend sounds divine! Our weather here isn't cooperating. It's misting and foggy, and we may get a thunder storm later with more rain and 50 mile an hour winds. Your weather and activity sounds more like Christmas.

Princess, I highly recommend doing the gratitude journal. You will love it. It was life changing for me. I began one summers ago when the kids were little. I was stressing because I felt like I had so many responsibilites regarding the kids, and I was trying to be the perfect mom. Sigh. I wanted them all to have a fun filled summer and I felt responsible for their happiness. I was burning out. When I began, I couldn't think of much to be thankful for, but within months, I caught on and found so much to be grateful for. I try to live by Jesus's words, "In all things give thanks." It's become more psosible through the years. Please let us know when you begin.

#135467 - 12/23/07 03:51 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Princess Lenora, I sent you a PM.

Thanks and Cheers,
Cathi

#135468 - 12/23/07 05:21 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: Wisdom&Life]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Wouldn't it be nice to have an online gratitude journal? I try to have at least three things every day. Perhaps if we shared, it might make some of us more aware of things to be grateful for?

I like Ben Franklin's idea of spending 15 minutes at the end of every day reflecting on that day. Whatever he might have said or done that was wrong or that hurt someone, he would rectify the next day.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#135469 - 12/23/07 09:48 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: yonuh]
Princess Lenora Offline

I've done gratitude journals before, based on the Simple Abundance concept by Sarah Ban Breachnach. I actually had never heard of that concept before! I do gratitude mentally, but I have not been writing them down. I think it would be a good thing to set up an online GJ to share with others. I like the way Orchid is exploring her world, because that is a reason for being.

#135470 - 12/23/07 10:57 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

My material goal is to get a Subaru. I was showing houses on Friday in my 2002 Toyota Camry, which generally serves me well, until the snow and ice. The weather changed from sunny to stormy in a matter of hours while with my client. I am not confident in that car, especially with passengers. I want an all wheel drive Subaru for safety and stability. My other material goals are teeth straightening and whitening. When I was going through chemo, my teeth shifted and yellowed. That was 4 years ago. And pay off a credit card debt. Is that too much to ask? What's behind the goals? Subaru = safety, eliminate credit card debt = financial peace, and teeth = health and beauty. That might be a question to ask while making goals: what does the thing/event represent? Since Dotsie asked, my professional goals (besides being an awesome real estate broker, awesome meaning building relationships with clients and helping them achieve their dreams) is to publish two "manuals" 1) about setting goals 2) about journal writing. I'd love to finish another book, about the cancer experience, or forgiveness and redemption, but I anticipate the next year will be full with caring for my mother, stepfather, and my grandmother's death (she's 101) which will stir a lot of "family" stuff. My friendship goals are to be in more contact via fun things like cards, since I am generally too serious with friends. I'd like to learn to connect with others on "the lighter side." Thanks for helping me sort this out. It's been on my mind, but not written or shared.

Edited by Princess Lenora (12/23/07 11:05 PM)

#135471 - 12/24/07 12:09 AM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: Princess Lenora]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
A gratitude journal or spot on this forum would be good. Some of us might have some unusual things to be grateful for on a day that would help others see a different world..

Dotsie, I never thought that facilitation had anything to do with thinking of topics to spur a discussion. I think I need to improve myself a great deal in praising others first. It is a first step to become a good facilitator because everyone has something to contribute.

#135472 - 12/24/07 05:23 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I could certainly open a gratitude forum, but isn't it similar to blessings and joys?

Princess, have you tried the teeth whitening strips? I think they work. I started a box but lost interest. It might be cheaper than having it done professionally. Then you can save more money for the Subaru.

yonuh, I do the reflection thing each morning and it's a great way to start the day. However, I can't say that I always rectify things. I do with GOd, but not always with the person. And then I sometimes repeat the same stupid mistake, but I'm learning. At least I'm aware of the stupid things I do now.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved