The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 80 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#135381 - 12/23/07 03:56 PM Re: urgent prayer request [Re: Sandpiper]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm a little late on this, but will also pray. Any news?

Anyone heard from mustang? She hasn't been here since this post...

#135382 - 12/23/07 05:17 PM Re: urgent prayer request
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
MustangGal, I saw this and will send prayers and good thoughts your way.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#135383 - 12/24/07 11:14 AM Re: urgent prayer request [Re: yonuh]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
mustangal
adding myself to the list, is theirr any more news of your dad. How are you doing in this?

#135384 - 12/24/07 12:18 PM Re: urgent prayer request [Re: celtic_flame]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Praying too, sorry I didn't see this posting sooner. Any news?

#135385 - 12/25/07 02:14 AM Re: urgent prayer request [Re: Countrygirl]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you Ladies! My SF was released Friday. Doc says he has not been taking his medidcation (lacik) as prescribed and too much salt intake -- thus, liquid build up in the lungs. This is the 2nd time this month he's been in hosp. for not following medical instructions (4th visit for the year).

Does he listen, nope! Already off the diet and salt intake and already on the go w/ not enough rest.

My parents plan to sell some land soon, thus I hope they will purchase an adjustable bed b/c he cannot sleep laying down (after a few hours the fluid builds up). He usually sleeps on the sofa or chair w/ ottoman.

I'd appreciate your continued prayers that he will adjust his lifestyle and adhere to prescribed medications.

Thank you for your prayers.

#135386 - 12/25/07 04:32 AM Re: urgent prayer request [Re: Sandpiper]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Musangal-I'll be praying for your step father and family. Hope you havea great christmas and blessed new Year!
NABBW & NAWW

#135387 - 01/30/08 02:11 AM Re: urgent prayer request [Re: Songbird]
Anonymous
Unregistered

my stepfather is back in the hospital -- yet over 350 miles away from home in St. Augustine/Jacksonville, FL. All we know is heart is overly enlarged and beginings of pneumonia. Mom will drive down tomorrow and hope to know more soon. I'm scared and I know my mother is scared, too. Unfortunately we are not close and I'm not much comfort to her; also, she takes her frustration out on me. I know my step-father is scared as well, not only for being in the hospital, but b/c in a town w/ no family and so far away from home w/ a medical staff he's not familiar with. i'm worried and my mom is not answering her phones now.

#135388 - 01/30/08 02:27 AM Re: urgent prayer request [Re: ]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
What a frightening situation for you, Mustang...you're all in my prayers tonight and throughout the coming week(s), MustangGal...I pray for your stepfather and mother, but also that God will send you His peace and Presence to help you get through an anxious night. You're not alone.

(Maya Angelou)

#135389 - 01/30/08 03:32 AM Re: urgent prayer request [Re: Eagle Heart]
Anonymous
Unregistered

thank you eagle. mom was finally able to speak w/ him, yet no other phone calls allowed. he's in icu and given something to help him rest tonight. 2 additional test were requested, 2 test that had not been performed locally. hoping this 2nd opinion will be conclusive. on call doc has not yet arrived. his friend/partner stayed w/ him until about 8:30ish. i'll take mom to rental car agency tomorrow am and she should arrive early afternoon. i just feel awful b/c i can't do anything, and should i help, it will be the wrong thing.

if anyone has any experience(s) with congested heart failure and pneunomia -- regardless of the outcome. I understand the condition, yet worry about the outcome.

#135390 - 01/30/08 03:14 PM Re: urgent prayer request [Re: ]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear MustangGal: I'm praying for your step father, your mom and you too. I pray you may rest in knowing that you are not alone with your situation and concerns. May the presence of God give you peace and hope for each step of this journey.
NABBW & NAWW

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved