The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#134643 - 12/21/07 05:22 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Lady, here we go:
First: You can wear your hair as long and in any style any time you flippin' want to! There are aids to help us be us at every turn! You GO with that hair style if you want, but here are some lifesavers and some ideas...
Get some:
"Bed Head," (by Tigi,) "Uptight," which is a yellow spray liquid for hair, you will love it and you will have this product so long it will be an investment! It is not cheap but it will pay for itself over and over and there is only one product like it. At salon's everywhere.
A gel, a good one that is inexpensive is by Paul Mitchell and can be found in drugstores everywhere. IF you get a different kind, don't get Pantene, and get a "Hard hold," gel, a strong one, (don't worry, your hair will not be hard.)
A HARD one to find is: Play Clay. It's by Botanical Solutions and I'll get you a URL. Another good one is by
"Bed Head," called "Manipulator"

Okay, that's three products and they will last forever but it's an investment I highly recommend because they will allow you to wear your hair any way you want!

Now, as I said, there are only about seven hair cuts and they are all just "tweaked," to make them different! So, if you want the hair you say you want, do this:

Go to a salon and ask the cutter to cut your hair in layers ALL over your hair and to cut them for BODY, tell her/him, that you will be GROWING your hair so not to TOUCH the bottom but to cut layers for BODY. Don't worry about how you are going to get the body because you have the above recipe! Don't let them tell you no, or anything else, just ask for what you want and don't take no for an answer, SHOW NO WEAKNESS, LOL. When they dry it, ask them to use "product,", (yes, tell them to use product," on your hair) to help it have body. Warning: They may not know what they are doing.) The recipe I will give you is from an internationally known salon where I was a hair model for 15 years and hard to get! So, we always hate the way they do our hair so let them play and get out of there!

Lady, my friend, my dear, Farah Fawcett hair is OVER! That said, layers are IN, so don't worry about it! Until your hair is the length you want, get it cut every 2 MONTHS and not a moment sooner! Get it cut every 6 weeks to maintain the length once you are satisfied.

You can wear your hair any length these days with product!

Okay, heres how you use the product. You have thin hair so do it this way for wavy, curly hair and not hard hair!

When your hair is wet and out of the shower, take the spray, the "Uptight," and spray a LITTLE bit all over your head. A LITTLE bit, your hair is thin and too much is too much so use a little bit, ok? Comb it through and mess up your hair.
Now take that gel and get enough to cover all of your hair. In other words, cover all of the hair in gel and it takes about a quarter's measure of gel in your hand. Not TOO much and not TOO little, just enough to know that all your hair has gel on it, ( don't be afraid!)

Next, get the magic Play Clay, or Manipulator and take a little, little tiny bit, just two little bits on your fingers and rub it between both hands until it covers your palm and fingers. Use a LITTLE TINY bit, it goes a LONG way. Take those hands and try to get that stuff on all your hair. It is a bit sticky so I take my hair in fists and squeeze it to get it on and go all around my head, then I comb all of that stuff in so I've got it all over my hair evenly. (WHAT a recipe!)

After this:
If you want, I promise, you could let your hair air dry and you would have curls. OR you can blow dry your hair as you usually do. OR use a diffuser and blow your hair that way. Any way you go, you will have BODY in your hair for days and it will STAY. You can restyle your hair in the morning by taking a spray bottle and wetting it a bit and doing whatever you want to do with it again! ( Don't wash your hair every day!) IF you do this recipe, you hair will feel soft, thick, and stay where you put it so put it where you like, blow it dry if you like a certain style with your layers.

All you have to do now, Lady, is to see how long you want your hair!

****Straight, straight hair is IN. SO, if you want to take your hair out of a run, use a straightening iron on it and wear it bone straight. Although it takes some getting used to, it's a "hip" and exotic look that would look darling on that little face I see up there on the screen! You should play with your hair, not worry about it! You can wear it curly, straight, blown dry, air dried, or anyway you want with the right product!

***Lady, Always comb or brush your hair with these products on them to soften the look!

Tricks for hair:
If your doctor thinks it's fine for you to take them, PRENATAL vitamens do wonders for thickening hair. As do mashed up birth control pills in the washing of it! LOL, really! Ha! I promise.

Do not:
Pull your hair,
Be rough on your hair,
yank it for any reason,
pull on tangles.
comb it too often,
hurt it in any way
and remember:
the less you use heat on your hair the healthier and thicker it gets! (You BETCHA!)

My wonderful shimmery friend, this is an investment. BUT, if you want your hair back to your style, it will work. Take each product, keep the receipt and try it a few times if you want to before you decide. BUT, if you do it right, and even if you do it alittle wrong, it will work.
After that, you will start to use this, or that, and not this or that, depending on your mood! If your hair usually goes flat when it has product on it, it will NOT if you use all three of these, I promise. And if you have ANY humidity in the air where you live, you will have BIG HAIR!

So much fun, lady!

I'll get on those URL's and you give me feed back on what else you want your hair to do.

Love,
dancer, Master class.

Edited by dancer9 (12/21/07 06:10 PM)

"Question your privilege"

#134644 - 12/21/07 05:27 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
oh wow, I can hear the click, click, click of your keyboard all the way up here in snowy Maine!!

#134645 - 12/21/07 05:57 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
dancer9 Offline

Product list for hair that will have body:

https://www.salonsavings.com/detail/942210/

https://www.salonsavings.com/detail/942110/

https://www.salonsavings.com/detail/700305/

Or

https://www.salonsavings.com/detail/942150/

http://www.haircareusa.com/claypac_altobella_hair_styling.htm#Altobella_Botanical_Solutions_PlayClay

***Play clay is magic.

I like A LOT of hair products. This is not a complete list, but a list for Lady Jane to achieve the hair she wants.
If anyone wants a list of hair products I can recommend, please ask.

dancer9

#134646 - 12/21/07 06:16 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

You bet I was clicking! But I've got some recommendations for some Luv-a-ly hair products, shampoo's, conditioners, all of it, let me know what you need and how your hair is!
dancer, in service for Lady Jane at this moment.

#134647 - 12/21/07 06:22 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

LOL,
Lovely Lenora,
I will consider ANY book that I've been urged to write just as soon as I have a co-author who will help me write it, be a co-author and get me through it.

On to beauty, namely yours at this time.

MAKE THE INVESTMENT into the 60.00 box of Bare Essentials Minerals!
Do it.
It is cheaper than buying those brushes, which are wonderful, those colors which are perfect and refills which are 25.00 each! Oh yes, the starter kit is a must. You need to find out whether you need the Light or the Medium. You should be able to tell by using the testers or by thinking back, have you been given beige make up before? If so, you need Medium. If you have light skin and have been given light make up before, you need light.
There is not a lot of difference in the two but you DO want to get the light if you need it or the medium of you need that. Think about the color other make up people have recommended to you in the past and buy accordingly.

You need the kit. The mineral veil gives your face a flawless finish and you are going to want that now and again, remember, EACH jar costs 25.00 to replace!

If you get it, let me know and I'll flood you with tips for using it!

Peace out, Princess and let yourself have the best!
dancer9

#134648 - 12/21/07 07:36 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
To dancer, the Princess and I have a real beuaty consultant for Christmas! Hey dancer, you are a true gift! I love your suggestions and will look into them as soon as possible. I just want to feel like I have hair. It sounds like I just might! Thank you for the time you've taken to offer such great suggestions. You're very appreciated!

#134649 - 12/21/07 07:48 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: ladyjane]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dancer, I am an author! I will co-author a book with you! I am a good writer, I've been to Writer's Conferences to be an even better writer. And we have Chatty here as our editor. What more do we need? I am getting the essentials make up today. I think I mentioned before that of the lighter shades, I always have to have the lightest of the light, like porcelin. I wish my skin was like porcelin, but I sunbathed before it was known to be dangerous. Plus I had acne. But light it is!

#134650 - 12/21/07 10:18 PM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

so many of you are writers, Princess!I am so pleased for you! Your Bare Minerals will be great to you as they are to others! Congratulations and ask any questions you may have.
DO NOT ADD WATER!!
dancer

#134651 - 12/22/07 12:23 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Lady Jane,my dear,you indeed, DO have hair! You'll see! When you get that one product, Bed Heads "Uptight," you will have thicker hair that moment! Just that product alone will pick up your hair!

When you try the products you decide to try, make sure you let me know of any problems you may have.Be gentle with that lovely hair, it needs to feel loved and needed to deliver the results!

dancer9

#134652 - 12/22/07 12:40 AM Re: Ideas for changes in make up when we're older [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Princess, my project! YES, leave that "fuzz," on your face and get back your natural shading that gives our cheekbones and ethnic, exotic look! I LOVE mine and follow it when I use make up! Other women use contour make up to get what we have naturally! Good for you, let yourself show through.

As to your lips, let me do some research to find you a lip product that plumps more if you want one. L'occtaine, a company that both Dianne and I use is good for your skin, and lips but not really DRAMATICALLY a "lip plumper," although it does have those properties! I'll give you a list of major plumpers which can look really nice on your lips, but natural, not like you've been stung by a bee. I recommend anything from L'occtaine, of course, it's products are great for the body but I don't like their formula's for most things. I love the lip product and I love their shea butter for my legs and feet.

LISTEN UP, HRH, Lenora!
If you look good dramatic with your hair pulled back, then invest in a straighting iron! If you straighten your hair, it will hang so beautifully AND it looks dramatic and SHOWS YOUR FACE in a great way! I do it when I want to focus on my face! Even if your hair is straight, a straightening iron is crucial for someone like you who likes her hair back! It gives you that "edge," that hair pulled backi does but in a different way! You straighten your bangs too and it all looks great! You must be careful using a straightening iron but they are very safe now and they can be bought for almost nothing. If you do decide to try a straightener, you might want to invest in a spray to coat your hair before you use it, but I do it with just my conditioner to protect my hair and my hair is very healthy! It's an option you will have and you will look wonderful, and DRAMATIC as you wish!

Soon we must work on your "look," your clothing. What body type do you have? I know where you shop, you included that in your post but what body type am I dealing with and one important question:
which Bare Minerals matched you? Light or Medium? It makes a difference in how we dress you!
And
What height of heel do you choose most of the time. flat, medium or high?

Moving right along with Princess makeovers...
dancer-nine

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved