The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#134215 - 12/18/07 10:23 AM Re: sesonal addiction [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
A man's "hoo ha"? That funny Anne. After steroids maybe it's called hoo where?

#134216 - 12/18/07 06:30 PM Re: sesonal addiction [Re: ]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
You Bet your hoo haw!
dancer.

(Sex is not on the plate for these boys during steriod use.)

"Question your privilege"

#134217 - 12/24/07 11:22 AM Re: sesonal addiction [Re: dancer9]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
or just oH weeer?
your funnie HL lol.
i glade sports and athlets behaviour bein looked at more thouroulie as how can one reallie compeat with agenst someone else who is using.
Thing is thse ladies and guyes their the HEALTHIE alternative role models for our kids to look up too.
healthie my but

#134218 - 12/24/07 04:55 PM Re: sesonal addiction [Re: celtic_flame]
dancer9 Offline

Celtic,
It's not all bad, I have been a professional ballet and jazz dancer all my life and I have never touched an illegal drug in my life!
I only have ONE dancer friend who can say that also, he and I are rare!
dancer

#134219 - 12/26/07 05:11 PM Re: sesonal addiction [Re: dancer9]
celtic_flame Offline

the sad part that there is you and onlie one frend that can say you never touched steroids.

Bet you know a whole lot more dancers than i do. One equates sports men and women with health, i find it sad that they the majoritie are fueled by druges and not just hard work, genetics and dedicasion.

SIghn of our times?

#134220 - 12/26/07 06:25 PM Re: sesonal addiction [Re: celtic_flame]
dancer9 Offline

Celtic,
Let me say,I love your posts! Dance is, according to a Harvard study, the hardest sport on the body, period. What's more, a study showed that female dancers stood the MOST pain of anyone in the study inclucing MALE dancers! Ballet, Jazz is brutal, and you have to be a little bit crazy to pursue a career in it. Dancers are born, they are not made. I was dancing when I walked. I could not stop. When you walk away from the ballet barre, for the first, a least 3 years, you often go home and cry from the pain and the difficulty of the sport. It is, again, brutal!

Try this on for size, if you want to be a professional ballet dancer, you must meet these requirements:

You must be thin, and this means THIN.
You must have legs that are exactly proportionate to your body, not longer legs than torso or the other way around.
YOu will be booted if your big toe and your second toe are not equal in length. One cannot go on point unless both those toes are equal in lenght.
You cannot be flat footed
You cannot be "bow legged," or "knock knee-ed," they will throw you out right there,
You must be 5'7" or taller and that is to make it into the corps.
You must have the correct facial features, there is MUCH facial plastic surgery among young dance professionals to meet the facial requirement.

And this is just body. We dance six hours a day, every day and never miss a day. We do this through out our careers. It's up in the morning and into the studio and sometimes you are putting up your hair and drinking coffee while driving there, you must not be late of you cannot take Master Class.

There are some reasons why dancers fall to drug use. They never make it as a professional if they use drugs. One cannot dance on ANY drug. Most pro dancers are drug free and if they are not, they are on their way out.

My career was the hardest choice a person can make and I was checked for all of the above throughout my young days until I finally stood out enought to have my own independent career. I was lucky, my body fit the standerds.

dancer, with info about the career of dancing.

#134221 - 12/26/07 06:30 PM Re: sesonal addiction [Re: dancer9]
celtic_flame Offline

lol are you keeping me waiting in suspences lol, its working lol.

#134222 - 12/26/07 06:34 PM Re: sesonal addiction [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

oh you ment the link , sorrie lol, i thought you were off somewear writting something or it had failed to post.

i not saying you or your one frend i just whishing it was more so the non steriodial pathway. Also track and feld events, bodie building...a biggie. Those sporting peoples to which it was done natralie more often, thats all.

#134223 - 12/27/07 01:03 AM Re: sesonal addiction [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I'm trying to imagine legs the same length as the torso. Maybe I don't understand. It seems the torso from navel to bust? is shorter than legs. What? And the big toe and the next toe must be exactly the same? Wow, if this is the case, very few dancers are born! Do dancers have their toe lengthened to match the big toe?

#134224 - 12/27/07 02:57 AM Re: seasonal addiction [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Food is an addiction I believe we all suffer from right before Thanksgiving until the New Year when most of our resolutions come to be. I never drank or smoked or did drugs, I used food instead of the other addictions and thats why I am a 'fluffy' woman...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved