The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 94 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#132221 - 11/19/07 07:54 AM Re: Which is more important? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Thank you for your wisdom and insight Eagle Heart. A lot of what you said is how I feel...it's just hard to find where we are comfortable right now...maybe I just need to wait a bit longer for God's timing rather than my own.

#132222 - 11/19/07 12:21 PM Re: Which is more important? [Re: Countrygirl]
Mountain Ash Offline

3. To attend an old traditional church which is solid but solemn and not so friendly.

My church is old...1243 Norman Tower.
It is solid by those who attend pledging to keep it in good repair.
It is Church of Scotland and can be solemn in service
(Communion)
It welcomes all strangers and we are asked to make people at home..I do this with happiness.

Within the congregation I have deep friendships.People whom I can rely on.
I have been asked to take someone to hospital due to injury and I jump at this chance to serve.Others do the same all with quiet respect.
For me my Church is another room in my Farher's house.

It really depends on what each person needs.
And what is familar..
Mountain ash

#132223 - 11/19/07 01:25 PM Re: Which is more important? [Re: Mountain Ash]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
its lovlie reading you ladies and what counts as church and knowing a bit more of your spirituale viewpoints etc. I hope ya find something of what you need countriegirl and by the sounds of it its helping

#132224 - 11/21/07 06:40 PM Re: Which is more important? [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
country, what a great question. If you had to list the number one reason you are searching for a new church would it be to make friends, or be spiritually fed? I don't mean to sound flip because I understand exactly where you are coming from.

I worked part time at our church home for three years and that was enough. Prior to accepting the job, my family and I were some of the biggest volunteers and were extrememly involved which was wonderful. However, working at a church was completely different. I learned more than I wanted to know and decided it wasn't for me.

I'll share something I have done that has been extremely helpful, and I hope it will help you. I got to the point where I coudn't attend another church meeting/class due to gossip so I went outside the church to find spiritual fulfillment. I began attending classes that are offered by a non-denominational group called The Well, www.wellforjourney.org. I absolutely love it because we discuss faith issues and not church politics or gossip. So now I go to our worship service and some of our special programs, and also have faithful women friends of all denominations.

I share this because you can worship one place and have wonderful friends from another place.

This is not to say that I don't love some of my church friends, because I do. We've been friends for 20-plus years. But it's nice to step away from the interworkings of the church every now and then to gain another faith perspective.

Something else I do that feeds me is my daily quiet time. I've been doing the Women of Faith Bible Studies for almost two years and just love them. I do them alone and work through them at my own pace at the kitchen table.

How is your search going? www.womenoffaith.com.

#132225 - 11/21/07 07:31 PM Re: Which is more important?
Mountain Ash Offline

When I was in hospital in July I clearly felt that the ward became my church.That I carried my faith to where it was needed.I do have my regular imput of the Gospel and join with others in worship.If the building burned down (God forbid) then wherever we would gather would become my Church.
Mountain ash

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved