The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 217 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#131611 - 11/13/07 07:56 AM Re: What are your three? [Re: gims]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Mountain Ash, all together now..."The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen mean home-sweet-home to me....." Nice song...and I liked your poem too!

My three would be:

1. Travel across Canada on that train/tour thingy.
2. Take a trip on the Orient Express.
3. Drive a steam train.

(I have a love of trains as you can see!) I actually welled up with tears when I saw "The Mallard" steam train at the National Railway Museum in York, UK! One of my happiest moments was when I travelled on a steam train from Aviemore to Boat of Garten....bliss!

#131612 - 11/13/07 10:42 AM Re: What are your three? [Re: Countrygirl]
Mountain Ash Offline

The Union of South Africa was refubished in my town (where I grew up) a relation and his gang dressed up and polished it into shining new)
Been to Inverness in a steam train...a most lovely trip
Are you in UK Countrygirl?
Mountain ash

#131613 - 11/13/07 12:28 PM Re: What are your three? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Countrygirl Offline

Bonnie Scotland, Mountain Ash! Lived here all my life!

#131614 - 11/13/07 06:16 PM Re: What are your three? [Re: Countrygirl]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I'm curious to know how you came to love trains, countrygirl. This may not be the thread to discuss it on, but I find your interest in trains, well... interesting.

#131615 - 11/13/07 06:49 PM Re: What are your three? [Re: gims]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
me, too....my hubby has a beautiful little train set and stares in wonder at trains like a little boy...

#131616 - 11/13/07 09:23 PM Re: What are your three? [Re: ladyjane]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Hannelore, you're sooo funny. We all get to visit the beach house, right? I might need more than three, but this is a beginning:

1. No more pain.
2. No more fear.
3. More love.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#131617 - 11/13/07 09:58 PM Re: What are your three? [Re: Saundra]
Countrygirl Offline

I honestly don't know why I love trains!! I know nothing about them mechanically or anything like that...I just get all sentimental when I see an old steam train. A huge network of local railways were closed down in Scotland a few decades ago. One signature was all it took to wipe out a huge network of railway which criss-crossed all over my part of Scotland, connecting all the little villages and towns....I think it's so sad and would love to go back in time and see it in it's hey-day. Some of the old railway routes have been turned into cycle paths which is nice, especially when they pass old stations. I'm just an old-fashioned gal I suppose!

#131618 - 11/13/07 10:39 PM Re: What are your three? [Re: Countrygirl]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
CountryGirl, we took my baby grandson two weeks ago for a dayout to ride good old Thomas the Tank Engine in an old railyard in Carmathenshire. Got to ride Percy, too. Fed them as well with water from a leaky bucket and Controller got to singing "There's a hole in my bucket, dear Percy, dear Percy..." I have never been on a steam train. That was as close as I got to riding one and was as thrilled as the grandchildren. I understand where this love for trains come from. The tiny museum they had in the railyard had photos of where old tracks used to be, where the motorways run now. It is sad how much have been lost to modernisation. Oh, I have a friend who is now living a boyhood ambition. He drives a train part-time and is a lawyer the rest of the week.

#131619 - 11/13/07 11:09 PM Re: What are your three? [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I've had a lifelong love of trains too. Mom used to say it was in my blood because some of her relatives were train conductors all their lives. I haven't made it all the way across Canada but did manage to travel from Halifax (Nova Scotia) to Ontario and then Ontario to Edmonton in the late 70's.

I've always wanted to set up a complicated train set in my basement, you know, with many trains on different levels running through mountains and villages. Our basement's too small...but our grandson's basement is the perfect size...LOL. Okay, put that on my list too of things to do before I die - set up a super-duper train system in my grandson's basement! Do you think he'd mind if I used him to make that particular dream come true?

(Maya Angelou)

#131620 - 11/14/07 08:43 AM Re: What are your three? [Re: Eagle Heart]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Very nice poem, Mountain Ash.

My big three?
1. Have my book in the New York Times Best Seller list (may as well dream BIG!)
2. travel the world talking to women (see #1)
3. visit New Zealand

Poet and essayist

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved