The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#131192 - 11/18/07 10:04 AM Re: fustrated [Re: mariaelena]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I cook my meat in beef bouillon, basting it often and for hours as Mariaelena does too. I also slip sliced thin garlic slices into the beef roasts used. I want a good quality meat, whether beef or pork. She is correct that there is NO substitute for the realtnhing, for homemade tamales.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#131193 - 11/18/07 09:58 PM Re: fustrated [Re: chatty lady]
mariaelena Offline

Loc: sin city
I do have to say i have never used beef my self only pork, chiken and just cheese with green chili. mmmmmmm!!

#131194 - 11/19/07 08:41 PM Re: fustrated [Re: mariaelena]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Do you gals want to post this in the recipe section?

#131195 - 11/23/07 09:59 PM Re: fustrated
mariaelena Offline

Today is not a good day, I had very or no sleep last night there for I was not in the best mood. and I feel like I am making my family hate me, I cant say anything about anything or it turns in to a you are beening a bitch! I cant really take to anyone my kids well they think mom is wonderwomen I have expressed to my kids that I am not feeling good for the first time and that they will have to give me some space and help out more, but I think they are so use to me doing everything that it will take some time, not sure how I will deal with that. My husben in the other hand is driving me crazy, lately I worrie about everything, I need more help and it go's in one ear and out the other. if I say anything about what needs to be done I am bitching, if I complian I am driving him out the door and sex well thats different since me husben is very sexcial attive has to have it all the time its hard I dont want to nor do I need it right know but what to do I even tell him go get it some where else if he wants to not sure if that is the right thing to say but he makes me feel bad and tells me that I should be lucky that he is like that, Ok.!!!
I hate that I am going threw this and that my husben can't try for once to put him self in my shoes, I spolied him and know I am scared that if I ever do get sick who will be there for me and my kids:(

#131196 - 11/23/07 10:41 PM Re: fustrated [Re: mariaelena]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
I don't think you're sick, I think you're tired. And underappreciated. And frustrated with with a family which uses all of your energy and gives you not much in return except for demands of more.

You need a vacation. No I don't mean a trip to your mother's house for a weekend, a real vacation. Some place where you're not the mom and the cook and the housekeeper and the laundress and chauffer and the errand runner. You need time away from all the demands and responsibilities to just be you. I'll bet that hasn't happened in many many years.

Can you find a way to afford a nice relaxing week or two away from the madness? Some place where you can unwind and listen to your inner self? Time where you don't have to do anything for anyone, just lay around in the bathtub with a book and do as you please.

It can be hard to maintain a daily balance within, when there is a constant clamor of everybody around you always wanting something. Every so often you need to get away and remember who YOU are.

#131197 - 11/24/07 08:36 PM Re: fustrated [Re: mrs_madness]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Mariaelana, I've asked you this before and never saw an answer. Is the Sin City you speak of Las Vegas? If it is maybe we can meet for coffee or lunch, my treat, and we can talk...? I live in Vegas too.

Edited by chatty lady (11/24/07 08:36 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#131198 - 11/25/07 06:28 AM Re: fustrated [Re: chatty lady]
mariaelena Offline

Hey, Chatty lady yes I do live in Vages and I did responce to your invite to send me your # maybe we can meet it would be nice thanks.(. Yes I live in Vages I have been here for 10years and I love to meet new poeple please do send me your # chatty lady and thanks so much for the invite.)

#131199 - 12/02/07 09:57 PM Re: fustrated [Re: mariaelena]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
mrs madness, I agree. mariaelana, maybe if you can get away for a couple days, and they have to look after themsleves, they might appreciate you more. I think most mothers go through times like this. Hang in there and keep posting.

#131200 - 12/04/07 01:43 AM Re: fustrated
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I am so hungry for a homemade jalapeno tamales right now!!!!
I've never made them myself, but I can eat a dozen in one sitting if they are home made (by friends). mariaelena, those cheese and green chili sound absolutely wonderful!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved