The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 212 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#131094 - 12/15/07 11:21 PM Re: Nest Filling for Christmas now.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I liked it better when everyone came here to my house instead of going to my sons. I hate that long drive, going isn't bad but coming home is miserable, watching for all the drunks on the streets and then there have been a rash of car jackings of women alone in cars. Pretty bad to have to carry a .38 in the car on Christmas...BUT better safe than sorry!

Edited by chatty lady (12/15/07 11:22 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#131095 - 12/16/07 10:15 AM Re: Nest Filling for Christmas now. [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, can you psend the night and travel when it's light out? How far away si your son's home?

We stay home Christmas day and it's one of my favorite things about Christmas. It's one of the only days of the year we dont't jump in a car and head somewhere.

We picked our daughter up Friday night. Now we're waiting for our youngest to get home next Saturday night. Can't wait to lay eyes on him at the airport. Last time I picked him up, as he was walking towards me, he chuckled and siad, "Ha, we match." We both had on khakis colored pants and a brown shirt. I thought it was such a cute comment.

Edited by Dotsie (12/16/07 10:17 AM)

#131096 - 12/16/07 08:08 PM Re: Nest Filling for Christmas now.
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Whaaaaat Chatty? You carry a gun on you? I agree with Dotsie. I would stay overnight as well. No matter how uncomfortable that may be for you; it is probably the lesser of the two evils.

Do most of you have guns and carry them on you or in your cars?

#131097 - 12/17/07 01:12 AM Re: Nest Filling for Christmas now. [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Hannelore, I have no idea what or who "most of you" consist of.

I carry my gun in the car with me when I know I will be out after dark, which in the winter here is 5:00 PM. I have a carry permit, you need one and they aren't that easy to get. I got mine because I was called out sometimes in the wee hours for an animal rescue in the desert or other dangerous and deserted areas.

My son is about an hours drive away, he is in a beautiful area, but some of the city I need to travel through is, well, less than safe. Places I would never venture into in the daytime, let alone at night...

Hannelore my dear friend, its called "better to be safe than sorry!"
There isn't any room at my sons because my DIL's family is coming in from Utah and bunking there, thats 4 extra people already. Not that much room either.

No problem I will take my chances, have before and nothing bad has happened. I am aware of my surrounds and thats half the battle. If anybody bothers me, I'll throw cookies at them, he, he!

Edited by chatty lady (12/17/07 01:16 AM)

#131098 - 12/17/07 08:10 AM Re: Nest Filling for Christmas now. [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Chatty, by “most of you”, I was asking the Boomer sisters here.

I can understand why you bring a gun with you. And I agree whole heartedly with the “better safe than sorry” thing. I always thought if you have a gun, you are allowed to keep it at home, but not take it with you. So that sort of surprised me, and truthfully I find that to be a frightening thought. That means people who are a bit off balanced can bring their guns with them as well. In that case, I would probably have one with me too.

The whole thing has escalated so. If guns weren’t allowed at all that would be the ideal situation. You know, like in the 50’s.

#131099 - 12/18/07 09:37 AM Re: Nest Filling for Christmas now. [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Only some people who have a VERY GOOD reason are given carry permits. I got mine because I was/am on the retrival end of the animal industry here and out at all hours in some dangerous areas. We usually travel in pairs but sometimes it's necessary to be there alone.
Not just any citizen can carry a firearm. Plus I had to take training and qualify at the target range.
I have always been a good shot so that part was easy for me.

Edited by chatty lady (12/18/07 09:38 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved