The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#13098 - 08/03/05 09:49 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Thanks Terri, We are terribly happy about this baby coming. Had given up hope that they would ever try as they will be married 9 years in August.

I feel bad for you and your daughter. What a terrible thing to have happen. But, oh my, a lovely little girl anyhow. Lucky you and her. I am sure she is the apple of your eye, as well as the others.

We plan on having a ball with this little one.
Thanks again Terri.

Sandpiper

#13099 - 08/04/05 02:41 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Terri, what an amazing story. Gracious. I've never heard of that. What a blessing.

#13100 - 08/04/05 03:37 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Terri Offline

Loc: Cedar Key, Florida
Dotsie....I'm an RN, and I'd never heard of this either, but my GYN told me he had a case once where it was triplets.....two did not survive beyond a few months, but one did. Really amazing.

Sandpiper...you are SO right. Kaela will always be the apple of my eye. I now have a second granddaughter, Emma, who turned 2 in May....I love her to pieces....but yeah, Kaela will always be extra special to me.

#13101 - 08/12/05 05:00 PM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
quote:
Originally posted by Sandpiper:

They find out the due date and if it's only one or two on the 11th of August.

Do we have an update sandpiper? Is it one or two? and when?
chick

#13102 - 08/13/05 12:45 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Sandpiper Offline

Hi everyone,

Well here's the update. Drum roll please! Only one baby and it's doing just fine. They did the ultrasound yesterday and the wee one was moving when it was being done. My son and DIL saw it move. They said they saw the tiny buds (future arms and legs) moving.

The expected arrival date is March 7, 2006!

They were done with the ultrasound and when they were told there was just one they breathed a sigh of relief. The tech asked why they were relieved. They told her about the possibility of twins. She said, ok, lets look some more. But, no twins. That's okay. They were elated at the prospect of just one.

So, now I can begin in earnest to shop, shop, shop for the little one.
We are really happy for them and us!
Sandpiper

#13103 - 08/15/05 05:22 PM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
chickadee Offline

What an exciting post! I can feel the joy through your written words, sandpiper. Tiny buds...how beautiful that sounds.

BTW all...I always write a "letter" to the unborn child, keep it in my journal and give them a copy in later years. It won't get lost this way and you'll always have the original.

My little boy will be here soon...very soon. I will keep you posted.
chick

#13104 - 08/17/05 02:38 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Sandpiper Offline

Chick,

Thanks! We are very delighted at the prospect. I got to see the picture. Lovely!

The letter sounds like a great thing to do. Didn't think about it.

Let us know when the little tyke will be here. Blessings for you girl!

Sandpiper

#13105 - 08/20/05 04:48 PM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
chickadee Offline

I have been shopping and buying, and buying...and buying blue this and thats for months. It's time I boxed it all up and sent it on to Canada. I hope to visit in the fall to get to hold my grandson close. I like new car smell and new clothes smell but new baby smell beats em all. [Wink]

chick

#13106 - 08/21/05 03:16 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Sandpiper Offline

Chick,

So true of the new baby smell, it really does beat all other smells. So sweet and innocent. They are life's most precious gifts!

Glad you have been having a ball shopping and buying and buying. It is the best time. Everything is so different and pretty. I didn't realize that pacifiers now have sizes. What's that one? Didn't have sizes when my kids were small.

So, hopefully the little one won't be very old when you get to see him. It must be hard to wait and not be there for the birth. Love ya girl. Best to your and the new one.

Sandpiper

#13107 - 10/28/05 09:38 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Sandpiper Offline

Hi all!

Well, we had dinner with my son and daughter-in-law and they showed us pictures of the baby. She was able to use the 4D technology.

IT'S A BOY !!!!

The technology is fantastic. They gave us a CD that has pictures of the baby on it. Fabulous. We got to see the different poses they took to check everything out. You can actually see his little body growing. Got a couple good shots of his face.

They are copying a DVD movie of the ultrasound for us also. Am I greedy? OH YES!

Well, it's almost 1:00 a.m. and I need to get some rest. Just wanted to give you all the update on the little one.

Love you all,
Sandpiper

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved